Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Gerston Earns Top Ten Finish

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gerston Earns Top Ten Finish

American Beta factory rider Max Gerston finished the Sacramento Endurocross in a strong 9th place finish. The young rider from Arizona transferred into the main event through the second LCQ and ended up with one of his best finishes ever in the series.

Max describes his night, "The 110 degree weather in Sacramento made me feel right at home. I had also trained the entire week before at Cody Webb's house to prepare for the event. I felt well prepared to attack the short and fast track in Sacramento. I bobbled in my heat race, but came back to holeshot and win my LCQ on my American Beta/ Stillwell Performance Beta. I gambled with a second row start in the main to find myself caught up in a first turn pileup. I was able to work my way back up to ninth on the non-technical track. My Beta 350 RR ran perfect the whole night and I am looking to improve my results in Ontario."

max gerston in sacramento
Magical Max through the water trap on his Stillwell Performance Beta 350 RR. (photo by Ruiz)

Also finishing strong for the night in the Pro class was Grand Mesa Motorsports sponsored racer Eric Rhoten on his Beta 300 RR 2 stroke. Rhoten finished in 10th place in the main putting two Betas inside the top 10.

eric rhoten in sacramento
Eric Rhoten finished 10th on his Beta 300 RR 2 stroke. (photo by Drew Ruiz)

Missing from the night's action was Cody Webb. Webb broke his foot while practicing at his home on Thursday night before the event. The disappointed Webb had surgery on his foot Monday and plans to return to action at the Los Angeles X Games in August.

On the amateur team, 14 year old Ty Cullins had his best night ever by winning the Mototrial class on his Beta Evo 300 and finishing a very strong 6th place in the open amateur main event completing the special night for the Beta team.

Ty Cullins in Sacramento
Ty Cullins catching some air on his Mototrial Beta 300. (photo by Drew Ruiz)

American Beta is the sole US importer of high quality Beta motorcycles. Beta motorcycles are handcrafted in Florence, Italy offering a complete range of Off Road competition, Dual Sport as well as class-leading Mototrial motorcycles.

American Beta team sponsors include Motul Oils, Stillwell Performance, FMF, Dunlop Tires, HBD Graphics, RAD Wheels, Posey Racing Engines, Fox Racing Shox, DP Brakes, and Matrix Concepts.

Purvines Racing sponsors include American Beta, Motul Oils, Dunlop, FMF, HBD Motografx, RAD Wheels, BRP, Flexx bars, Fastway, Dirt Tricks, SIDI Boots, RK chains, PDI Racing, and Countrywide Estate Planning.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.