Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Samsung Honda target success in Scotland

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Samsung #Honda target success in #Scotland

12 June 2013, 16:35

After a five week break away from racing, Samsung Honda heads to Scotland this weekend for the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship as Alex Lowes leads the overall standings by a single point and team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari aims for improvement.

After a positive test at Knockhill prior to the Oulton Park round last month, the team is feeling confident as it heads to the Fife Circuit. Lowes arrives in Scotland intent on maintaining his recent form having celebrated podium finishes in each of the six races so far, including his first win for Samsung Honda at Oulton. Team-mate Kiyonari is hoping that the Knockhill round – where he has previously scored podium finishes – will mark the turning point in his season.

In the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship Jason O'Halloran is aiming to build on his best result of a fourth place at Oulton Park and score some all-important the points to elevate himself higher in the standings.

Havier Beltran – Team Manager
Samsung Honda is feeling ready for the Knockhill round after a few weeks off. At Oulton Park, Alex was on fire and we obviously want to carry that momentum into this weekend and continue to make progress throughout the weekend. For Kiyo there have been some big changes and this will hopefully give him what he needs to return in a better position at this round. The team had a test at the circuit last month so we hope to arrive in a stronger position. In the Supersport class Jason completed around 150 laps at the test, so like Alex and Kiyo, we hope that this means the areas we have needed to work on will have improved ready for this weekend.

Alex Lowes
I can’t wait to ride the Samsung Honda again as it feels like ages since Oulton Park and I have really missed it! It has been nice to have the break and I have been training hard so that I am ready to come back strong at Knockhill. The team has been working hard and we want to try and keep scoring podiums consistently as that is what we will need when it comes to the Showdown. We are in a good position and I am focused on having fun and getting some good results at Knockhill.

Ryuichi Kiyonari
It has not been easy so far but I never give up and I want to have better results at Knockhill. We had a test there before Oulton Park and we made more changes. I want to come back faster and get good results for Samsung Honda.

Jason O’Halloran
It will be good to get racing again as it feels like we can start the season again after a tough first few rounds. At Oulton Park we were able to get the best result of the season with a fourth and be fighting for the podium and that was much closer to where we need to be. We have been playing around and making me more comfortable on the bike and that gave me real confidence at the last round and that showed with the result. We had a good test at Knockhill and that should put us in a good position ready for the weekend.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.