Laconia Motorcycle Week® Celebrates in Style!

Daily Motorcycle News has moved Here
totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Laconia Motorcycle Week® Celebrates in Style!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#Laconia Motorcycle Week® Celebrates in Style!

Rally's 90th year rolls into the week with clear skies ahead and great crowds abound!

(June 12, 2013 - Laconia, NH) - Progressive Laconia Motorcycle Week(TM) introduces riders from all of the world to the beautiful State of New Hampshire as the first weekend kicked-off with great crowds and good weather. New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan started off the warm reception for riders at the Welcoming Press Conference just prior to the start of the Rally on June 6th and festivities continued on Saturday with the Peter Makris Memorial Ride raising thousands of dollars for the Laconia Fire Department's Veterans Count Program. Riders enjoyed a Gypsy Tour from Rally Headquarters on the boardwalk of Lakeside Avenue on Sunday June 9th to the USCRA Vintage Motorcycle Races held at N.H. Motor Speedway in Loudon and more riders continued to flood the streets of Weirs Beach visiting vendors, big to small, selling wares of all kinds.

Charlie St. Clair and Jennifer Anderson of the Laconia Motorcycle Week Association celebrated with visitors from around the world on the M/S Mount Washington Monday evening for the Motorcycle Week Cruise. "To sit back and enjoy the view of the Lakes Region from the water-side of Lake Winnipesaukee is truly humbling...to do so with a couple hundred motorcycle enthusiasts is even better", said Charlie St. Clair. Jennifer Anderson stated, "so far, my greatest enjoyment has been meeting people that have traveled here for the first time to attend the Rally and now have an appreciation for the pride we have in our state and in our legacy as America's Oldest Rally® at 90 years strong".

Earning bragging rights as the first group to successfully complete their AMSOIL Laconia Passport, Robert Locke, Bevil Long, and William Saar III, of Long Island, N.Y. promise Jennifer (also seen in the picture) that they will return in 2014 to once again try to beat the crowds, all aimed at completing the Passport, and keep their title as 'the firsts!'. The crew from Long Island rightfully earned their exclusive 'members only' sweatshirt, an Official rally patch and pin as well as samples of AMSOIL's high-octane fuel boost, by visiting 17 of the 20 possible passport locations. Chris Hoffer of Washington, Illinois had an opportunity to chat with Jennifer on Tuesday morning of the rally after completing his Passport and he said "Since this is my first time to Laconia, and to New England, the Laconia Passport gave me the opportunity to visit places in NH and beyond, that I never would have thought of going to on my own - what a great time, I plan on coming back!"

Organizers, vendors and sponsors are all pleased as the Rally starts its ninth decade with great success and look forward to counting down to the 100th Anniversary celebration in June 2023.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.