Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

STEWART POSITIVE DESPITE HIGH POINT MX LOW

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#STEWART POSITIVE DESPITE HIGH POINT MX LOW

Team Suzuki Press Office - June 10.

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing's James Stewart suffered more than his fair share of bad luck at round four of the 2013 AMA Pro Motocross Championships at High Point Raceway in Mt. Morris on Saturday afternoon.

Although Stewart was in spectacular form on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 and led the first several laps of the second moto, some unfortunate events forced him to retire early from both races.

In the first moto, the Yoshimura Suzuki rider overcame a bad start and fought his way into the top 10. Unfortunately, a small tip-over after the first couple of laps sent him back a few positions and in the process he lost all of his tear-offs. Then, after working his way back into the top 10, he had to remove his mud-covered goggles near the end of the moto. On the final lap, he took a rock to the eye and was unable to finish the race. In the second moto, Stewart took the lead within the first few turns and was laying down blisteringly-hot laps when he came over a jump and discovered his front rotor was broken and was forced to, once again, retire from the race prematurely.

Said Stewart: "In the second moto, I got a pretty good jump and passed a bunch of people. I went to the lead but then I came up on the finish-line jump and I don't know if I clipped something, but I went in the air and my front tyre started sticking. I looked down and the rotor was broken. This weekend... it's just been one thing after the other. In the first moto on the last lap, I got hit in the eye with a rock and it knocked me dizzy and I didn't finish. It was just a bummer. But I've got to give it up to the Yoshimura Suzuki team; I feel like this was the first time we actually raced all year. I was able to make my way around those guys, and even though I made a few mistakes, I felt like I had a lot more in me. Now we'll use some of this momentum and come back strong for Budds Creek."

Yoshimura Suzuki Factory Racing's next race is round five of the 2013 AMA Pro Motocross Championships on Saturday, June 22nd at the Budds Creek National in Mechanicsville.

2013 High Point MX 450 Results: 1. Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki), 2. Ryan Dungey (KTM), 3. Tyla Rattray (Kawasaki), 4. Justin Barcia (Honda), 5. Mike Alessi (Suzuki), 6. Trey Canard (Honda), 7. Ryan Sipes (Rockstar Suzuki), 8. Josh Grant (Yamaha), 9. Jake Weimer (Kawasaki), 10. Broc Tickle (RCH Suzuki).
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.