Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

TOUGH QUALIFIER FOR ROCKSTAR ENERGY SUZUKI

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

TOUGH QUALIFIER FOR #ROCKSTAR ENERGY #SUZUKI

Team Suzuki Press Office - June 8.

The tight and difficult layout of Ernee presented a tough test for the Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1 team as Clement Desalle and Kevin Strijbos classified ninth and 12th in front of a large crowd for the Grand Prix of France and the eighth round of the FIM Motocross World Championship.

Mediocre starts in the MX1 qualification heat for both Belgians prevented a charge for pole position as the old-school circuit was slippery, narrow and limited with overtaking chances. Desalle struggled to find an effective rhythm with his RM-Z450 while Strijbos increased the compression ratio after the first free practice session in search of slightly more immediate power but was pleased with the rest of his set-up. Desalle was ultimately frustrated by a lacklustre 'day at the office' and Strijbos was undone by his drive away from the start gate but cut through to reach the top 12.

Ominous skies arrived to close the first day at Ernee but dry conditions are predicted for the full race programme tomorrow.

Clement Desalle:

"The morning session was OK but then they felt the need to water the track and it became really slippery. My start was average and I was in the top 10. Some guys in front of me were just a little bit faster and I could not pass. It is one line out there - really just one line. I don't understand how they expect us to pass. Of course it is the same for us all but there has to be some thought for the riders. I didn't ride well today but it is not so important for the start because you can take the holeshot from anywhere."

Kevin Strijbos:

"I had a bad start in the Heat race. I was a little bit too aggressive and expected more wheelspin so the bike lurched-up and I ended-up pretty much last in the first corner. I tried to make the best of it. I had some good speed but the track is so difficult for passing. It is very narrow and they put way too much water down before the start of MX2. I got to a point where I was stuck behind Max Nagl. I was quick on some parts but slow on others. I made a mistake two laps before the end and got sideways on a jump. I ended up running into the fence. I don't know where I finished. The position was not great but the riding was OK and I just need to make sure I get a good start tomorrow."

MX1 Qualification Heat Classification: 1 Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), 24:26.604; 2. Jeremy van Horebeek (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:10.889; 3. Xavier Boog (FRA, KTM), +0:15.996; 4. Ken de Dycker (BEL, KTM), +0:18.043; 5. Evgeny Bobryshev (RUS, Honda), +0:20.889; 6. Davide Guarneri (ITA, KTM), +0:24.450; 7. Tommy Searle (GBR, Kawasaki), +0:26.329; 8. Rui Goncalves (POR, KTM), +0:28.151; 9. Clement Desalle (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1), +0:29.277; 10. Maximilian Nagl (GER, Honda), +0:30.235. 12. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Rockstar Energy Suzuki World MX1), +0:36.701.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.