Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

MARTIN AND BROOKES SET FOR TT SBK OPENER

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#MARTIN AND #BROOKES SET FOR TT @SBK OPENER

Team Suzuki Press Office - June 1.

Tomorrow's six-lap Dainese Superbike TT gets underway at 2.15pm and the level of positivity coming out of the Tyco Suzuki camp is at an all-time high, as the clock counts down to the opening race of this year's Isle of Man TT Festival.

Guy Martin described his Tyco Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike as the best he's ever ridden around the TT Circuit, and Josh Brookes is beaming from ear-to-ear as the most-famous 37.73-miles of racing tarmac is finally coming together for him following a blistering lap of 124.476mph earlier today.

It sets the team up well for tomorrow's races. Martin is fifth-fastest in the Superbike class with a lap of 128.680mph recorded in today's session, with Brookes 15th overall and the fastest newcomer on 124.476mph.

Martin also topped the Superstock session with a lap of 127.023mph with Brookes 14th on 122.861mph. Martin is also fifth fastest in the Supersport class with a lap of 123.889mph.

Guy Martin:

"Only two men have done 130mph laps so far, but that doesn't bother me. For a number of reasons we maybe didn't get the clear laps we needed but the bike feels really strong; as a matter-of-fact ,it's as good as it has even been around here, so I'm confident going into tomorrow. The Metzeler boys are doing a top job for us with those tyres and the combination of Ohlins suspension and good tyres makes the job so much better. I'm looking forward to tomorrow."

Josh Brookes:

"I'm really starting to enjoy it as the laps are coming together now that I've completed about 15 or so. There's so much more to come, but I'm finding my rhythm and I'm super-happy on the Superbike. I've been watching onboard laps and Guy has given me loads of advice and encouragement and I'm really grateful to him for that. I'm in the happy zone at this point and if I don't go any quicker now, I'll just accept that I'm not ready for it yet."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It takes the pressure off us a little bit not having posted a big lap time, but we are well prepared for tomorrow. Guy had a technical issue one night and suffered from cramp on another when he tried out a compression under suit that didn't work for him. It's more important to just get the laps in - which we have done - and Metzeler has been working really hard with us on tyres.

"Josh's 124mph lap was fantastic, although maybe a little bit faster than I expected from him at this stage, but he's building it up and progressing well. He's doing it smoothly and putting the work in so he should have a good run tomorrow."

Tomorrow's six lap Dainese Superbike TT commences at 2.15pm.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.