totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Monster Energy Yamaha YART Enters “Coca-Cola Zero” Suzuka 8

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Monster Energy @Yamaha #YART Enters “#Coca-Cola Zero” #Suzuka 8 Hours Endurance Race

The Monster Energy Yamaha – YART team will enter the 35th “Coca Cola Zero” Suzuka 8 Hours Endurance Road Race at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan on July 26th-29th. Katsuyuki Nakasuga, currently competing for the Yamaha YSP Racing Team in the pinnacle JSB1000 class of the All Japan Road Race Championships, will join forces with Japanese rider Noriyuki Haga and British rider Tommy Hill, both of the Swan Yamaha Team.

Competing in the Suzuka 8 Hours for the 10th time, Haga is a well-known rider in Europe and is putting his sharp riding skills to the test in the British Superbike Championship this season. Joining him as the youngest member of this ‘dream team’ is 2011 British Superbike Champion Tommy Hill who will be competing in the Suzuka 8 Hours for the first time.

Mandy Kainz

Team Manager Monster Energy Yamaha YART

“I'm very proud and happy for YART to bring together the best of the best YZF-R1 riders as a ‘dream team’ for the Suzuka 8 Hours race. Our expectations are quite high, but the most important thing for YART was to bring the Yamaha family closer together. To have Katsuyuki, Nori and Tommy on one bike will make the whole historical Suzuka race more exciting. I can’t wait for the race to start.”

Katsuyuki Nakasuga

“Personally, I want to finish the race at the top for YART as we were not able to finish last year. We have two excellent riders in Tommy Hill and Haga this year. We all have great ability and strong personalities, but I feel like I can lead them as one of the fastest riders on a YZF-R1. The Suzuka 8 Hours is a team battle, so good teamwork between the riders is important as well. I think we'll perform well as we have a good balance between an experienced rider like Haga, and a young rider like Tommy. Please look forward to the race!”

Noriyuki Haga

“Machine trouble took us out of the race and let down many fans at my last Suzuka 8 Hours in 2006. This time, we’re here to make up for that performance and looking at our rider lineup, I think we have a good chance to aim for the top and show the fans our determination. Now the only thing left to do is wish for good luck!”

Tommy Hill

“To race at Suzuka for Yamaha is great news for me! It is to represent the Yamaha racing brand as well as compete in the British Superbike Championship. This will be my first time competing at the Suzuka Circuit, but I am very much looking forward to racing there and hopefully push for success for Yamaha and myself.”

Rider Info

Katsuyuki Nakasuga
Born August 9, 1981 in Fukuoka Prefecture
Racing team Yamaha YSP Racing Team

Suzuka 8 Hours Record
2006:DNF (paired with Shinichi Nakatomi)
2007:DNF (paired with Nobuyuki Osaki)
2008:5th (paired with Yuji Sato)
2011:DNF (paired with Igor Jerman、Gwen Giabbani)

Noriyuki Haga
Born March 2, 1975 in Aichi Prefecture
Racing Team Swan Yamaha Team

Suzuka 8 Hours Record 
1993:DNF (paired with Junichi Matsushita)
1994:DNF (paired with Masaya Hirayama)
1995:22th (paired with Yasunori Kondo)
1996:Won (paired with Colin Edwards)
1997:17th (paired with Kensuke Haga)
1998:6th (paired with Simon Crafar)
1999:4th (paired with Régis Laconi)
2000:18th (paired with Wataru Yoshikawa)
2001:DNF (paired with Anthony Gobert)
2006:DNF (paired with Colin Edwards)

Tommy Hill
Nationality British
Born February 9, 1985
Racing Team Swan Yamaha Team
Race Career Competing in the British Superbike Championship since 2004 2011 British Superbike Champion
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.