totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Respectable start for Lupino in the opening GP MX2 on Dutch

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Respectable start for #Lupino in the opening GP #MX2 on #Dutch sand.

Biandronno, 9th April 2012 – The Husqvarna Motocross Team By Ricci Racing had a tough start to the World Championship on the Dutch sands of Valkenswaard where the opening race of the MX2 championship took place. Ale Lupino on his Husqvarna TC250 notched up the best result finishing in 13th place in both of the races held.

On a very tricky course, Lupino was up against it from the beginning, finishing in 27th place in Saturday’s qualifying round, after having fallen shortly after the start. On Sunday in the first race, after starting in 22nd position, he was able to fight back to a 13th place finish, keeping up a steady pace until the end.

In the second heat Lupino came off straight after the race’s start, dropping to 32nd position at the end of the first lap. Ale then launched a gallant fight-back on a particularly tricky surface worsened by continuous rain throughout the race, allowing him to finish in 13th place

This was a great comeback for the Italian rider, who during the final laps had set times similar to those of the first ten finishers.

Lupino is twelfth in the World Championship standings after the first race.

Frenchman Loic Larrieu of the Husqvarna Motocross Team By Ricci Racing has yet to find the type of form to keep up with the leaders and was unable to make it into the points. The best he could manage was a 22nd place in the second race.

Alex Lupino: “It’s a shame because I’d have liked to finish in the first ten in this race. I had a tough Saturday in the qualifying round where I made too many mistakes due to the pressure. Then, in the two races I got away badly and had to fight my way back both times.

It’s not easy on this sand, especially for someone like me who is more at home on hard ground. I only managed to be at my best at the end of the second race, coming in not far behind the first ten after starting out amongst the tail-enders due to a fall right at the beginning. The bike performed well, no problems at all. ”

Loic Larrieu: “I was never able to get into the race, too many mistakes early on. The second race went better where despite a fall, I was almost able to finish in the points. ”

Ilario Ricci – Team Manager : “It’s a shame for Lupino as Saturday’s qualifying round had jeopardized Sunday’s result. Starting out in 27th place he was never really able to get into the race and could only make a couple of great comebacks. If he had been able to start well, he could have finished in the first ten. Nevertheless, I’m very happy about the way the bike has improved. We haven’t had the slightest technical problem all weekend. ”
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.