Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Team Honda Muscle Milk on the Podium in St. Louis

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Team #Honda #Muscle Milk on the Podium in St. #Louis

Round nine of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship Series took place this weekend in St. Louis, MO. The Edward Jones Dome was filled Saturday night with thousands of Supercross enthusiasts ready to watch racers battle their way to the podium. It was a great night for Honda, with Team Honda Muscle Milk’s Justin Brayton making his way to the podium with a third-place finish. GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia took the win for the third consecutive week in the Lites class.

Justin Brayton Kevin Windham
After laying down the fifth-quickest qualifying time, Brayton got a great start in his heat and finished second. In the main, he put together his best ride of the season from start to finish. When the gate dropped he grabbed a third-place start and was able to make his way to second, where he rode for much of the race. Brayton was eventually passed, leaving him in third place where he would finish.

“This has been a long time coming,” said Brayton. “I feel like I should have been up here a while ago but the crash in San Diego has prevented me practicing during the week. I felt great all day and I am excited to really build off this finish and get myself up where I know I belong. I had a lot of friends and family here, so I’m glad I was able to make it to the podium tonight.”

Team Honda Muscle Milk’s replacement rider Cole Seely had a consistent day, placing second in his heat race. Seely grabbed a mid-pack start in the main and was making his way towards the front when he went down going over the bridge on lap 16. Luckily, he was not hurt but he was unable to finish the race.

Cole Seely Justin Brayton
GEICO Honda’s Kevin Windham celebrated his 201st Supercross start this weekend in St. Louis with a noteworthy fourth-place finish. After laying down the third-quickest qualifying time and finishing fifth in his heat, Windham was confident heading into the main. A mid-pack start put a lot of riders in front of him, but Windham steadily worked his way up to a hard-earned fourth.

For the third week in a row GEICO Honda’s Justin Barcia dominated the Lites East class and will head into Daytona with an 18-point lead. In the main event, Barcia got the holeshot and never looked back. He quickly gapped the rest of the pack by several seconds, riding a solid 15 laps unchallenged. “Tonight was great for me, I was able to ride smooth and smart, allowing me to basically check out,” said Barcia. “I am so thankful to be up here and looking to continue this throughout the rest of the season.”

2012 AMA SuperCross, an FIM World Championship
Round 09: Edward Jones Dome - St. Louis

Supercross Main Event

Rank

Rider (Team)

Ryan Villopoto

Ryan Dungey

Justin Brayton (Honda)

Kevin Windham (Honda)

James Stewart

Davi Millsaps

Jake Weimer

Brett Metcalfe

Marvin Musquin

Nick Wey

Supercross Championship Points (after 9 of 17 rounds)

Rank

Rider (Team)

Point

Ryan Villopoto

Ryan Dungey

James Stewart

Chad Reed (Honda)

Kevin Windham (Honda)

Jake Weimer

Justin Brayton (Honda)

Brett Metcalfe

Davi Millsaps

Mike Alessi

Supercross Lites East Main Event

Rank

Rider (Team)

Justin Barcia (Honda)

Ken Roczen

Blake Wharton

Darryn Durham

Justin Bogle (Honda)

Jake Canada

Malcolm Stewart

Kyle Cunningham

Blake Baggett

Alex Martin

Supercross Lites East Points (after 3 of 9 rounds)

Rank

Rider (Team)

Point

Justin Barcia (Honda)

Ken Roczen

Darryn Durham

Blake Wharton

Justin Bogle (Honda)

Jake Canada

Blake Baggett

Hunter Hewitt

Malcolm Stewart

Kyle Cunningham

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.