Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

METCALFE IN PHOENIX SUPERCROSS TOP 10

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

#METCALFE IN #PHOENIX #SUPERCROSS TOP 10

Yoshimura Suzuki Racing's Brett Metcalfe celebrated his first top-10 finish of the 2012 AMA/ FIM Supercross season at Saturday night's second round of the series at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona.

In front of almost 50,000 screaming Supercross fans, Metcalfe put in an aggressive ride on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 and carded a solid ninth-place result. Consistency was the key to the Aussie rider's night and although a bit under the weather, he put up a good fight all night long. In his eight-lap heat race, he got a great start on his Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 and brought home a sixth-place finish to advance to the Supercross Main. In the 20-lap Main Event, he got an excellent start and battled with the front-runners for the first half of the race and remained strong until the flag.

Said Metcalfe: "We had a really good week leading up to Phoenix and I came in a little more confident. In qualifying, I got an awesome start - the Yoshimura Suzuki RM-Z450 just flew down the straightaway. I came through the heat race and ended up sixth but I knew I had to step it up if I wanted to get a top-10 finish in the Main. The Yoshimura Suzuki is getting rippin' starts, and that's a huge positive for my game right now. In the Main I tried as hard as I could; about half way, I started getting passed but I tried to hang tough and hold down a top-10. I was a little under the weather this weekend and it was a tough 20 laps for me, but I managed to get through. This was a much more positive direction for us and I'm looking forward to having another solid week on the bike and moving up in the field."

Next weekend, the Yoshimura Suzuki team will revisit Los Angeles' Dodger Stadium for only the second time ever. And since last year was also Metcalfe's first season racing in the Supercross class, his experience at the renowned venue was a memorable one.

"Dodger stadium was awesome last year," said Metcalfe. "The crowd was really cool and just being in that stadium was pretty spectacular. I got the holeshot and led two laps, but then I fell. But that's still a good memory to feed off and I'll try to duplicate that again - but stay up and not crash this time. Now, we've got to keep grinding it out, progressing and stay positive."

Phoenix Supercross Class Results: 1 Ryan Dungey (KTM), 2 Jake Weimer (Kawasaki), 3 Ryan Villopoto (Kawasaki), 4 Kevin Windham (Honda), 5 Chad Reed (Honda), 6 Andrew Short (Honda), 7 Trey Canard (Honda), 8 James Steward (Yamaha), 9 Brett Metcalfe (Suzuki), 10 Josh Hansen (Kawasaki).
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.