Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

World Record Broken At Le Minz 24 Hour Scooterthon

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

World #Record Broken At Le #Minz 24 Hour #Scooterthon

14 teams and 43 participants completed over 20,000 laps of the 665m closed course Parklands track at the weekend's Insure My Ride Le Minz 24 Hour Scooterthon presented by TGB Scooter and the Australian Motorcycle & Scooter Expo.

The reliability of 50cc scooters was tested to extreme measures, running non-stop from midday Saturday to midday Sunday.

The best-performing team effort came from The Scooter Shop entry, but it was the super-human efforts of Wollongong local Mark 'Brownie' Brown that stole the show.

Brown broke the mark for the longest distance travelled on a 50cc scooter over 24 hours, re-writing an official Guinness World Record with his 1189.685km effort.

"It's the fifth time I've done Le Minz solo and I'm stoked to get the record back," said Brown. "This will be my last solo attempt but I'm looking forward to doing it again with a team.

"It was a great event and everyone looked like they had a lot of fun. Thanks to InsureMyRide for sponsoring the event and TGB for supplying the perfect scooter for such a huge endurance test."

Entrants included industry members, racers and everyday scooter riders, with the same sentiment echoed by all.

"That was the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle - it makes me want to go and try road racing," said Showtime FMX rider Matty McFerran.

"Best day ever! Let's do it again - sore quaddies but at least I didn't fall off," posted AFL legend Spida Everitt on Facebook.

Luke Smith from InsureMyRide said the company was proud to be part of such a unique event.

"Le Minz is one of the most fun and entertaining events going around on the Australian motorcycling scene," said Smith.

"InsureMyRide is proud to be the major sponsor of such a great event that supports both local charity and the motorcycling community - bring on next year's event!"

The event raised close to $2000 for its nominated charity, 'Give Me 5 for Kids', supporting the children's wing at the Gold Coast Hospital.

Many of the scooters will be on display at the Australian Motorcycle & Scooter Expo from the 17th -19th of February 2012, at the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.