Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

New 2011 Norton Commando's

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New 2011 Norton Commando's

Norton unleashes their 2011 Commando Lineup with their beautiful Commando 961 SE, Commando 961 Cafe Racer and Commando 961 Sport bikes. 2011 Norton Motorcycle Model Guide

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... Norton.htm

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

Re: New 2011 Norton Commando's

#2 Unread post by fireguzzi »

ooooooo pretty
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

fireguzzi wrote:ooooooo pretty
I totally agree, I have seen them all in person they are indeed works of art. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#4 Unread post by fireguzzi »

yes sir. I believe the sport would look nice running me through the curves in the Appalachian mountains.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

13,000+ GBP, which is roughly $20,000 CDN... pretty, yes, but it comes at a high price. And IF it ever makes the trip over to this side of the pond, you know that MSRP will go right out the window.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#6 Unread post by Wrider »

Secksy, but like Gummi said, HIGH priced. And look at the shifter, it looks like it'd be almost impossible to upshift.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Immma really likin' that Commando SE, but 16,000 British pounds is ridiculous.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#8 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Price don't matter when your dreaming.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I just wrote Norton Canada to see if I can get prices for the models. Hopefully they are not $20k CDN...

I did see on their site you can see the Nortons at:

TORONTO MOTORCYCLE SHOW
Norton Motorcycles (Canada) Ltd. is pleased to announce our booth will again be present at the Toronto Motorcycle Show at the Metro Toronto Convention Center from Dec. 10-12. This year we will be displaying the production version of the Norton Commando 961 Sport Edition in the traditional Norton livery of silver and black. This is the same bike that Paul Robbins rode at the Vintage Road Racers event in August at Mosport. Come down and see the bike, speak to the staff and learn more about Norton. We will have an offering of Norton hat’s and shirts again this year, just in time for Christmas. We look forward to seeing you there.

December 10th – 12th , 2010
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
SOUTH BUILDING
Toronto, Ontario

Show Hours:
Friday December 10 ~ 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday December 11 ~ 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday December 12 ~ 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#10 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I think $19,999 :-) is likely what they will be in Canada, unfortunately. Since they don't seem to have stated a price yet I suspect they are awaiting response from the bike shows and all the people who email them saying "I want one" without knowing a price -- they are just setting up dealers now (Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto etc.). It has some very high quality pieces and costly hand-built bits -- by design.

Like fireguzzi said... they are looking for the dreamers because price wont matter to these riders.

I read the few articles and vids on Norton that are on the web out there and I am very happy with the new owner. A true fan of the brand who seems to have everything it will take to keep Norton alive and growing.

The bike reminds me of my (British knock-off) 1986 Yamaha SRX600S .. my favourite "street-commuter" although I did ride mine on some long trips too. It had the best features of a nice simple street platform including unique styling, like the twin piggyback shocks on the new Norton 961. It has those awesome wire-spoke wheels too! It still looks "Norton", but new! Too Cool.

The Ducati Monster proved how good a seller a twin-cylinder street/sport bike can be, and a great all-rounder, especially when they have a little soul (i.e. not the EX500 which was successful in it's own way).

The other cooooooooool thing coming from Norton is a redo of the RCW/NRV 588 rotary racer. I suspect they are trying to get it homologated for World Superbike if possible too. It is reported to be in development as an NRV700.

:D
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)