Honda CBR125R coming to North America rumor

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Sev »

The CG150 is headed this way.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#12 Unread post by intotherain »

who'd dish out 3 grand for a such a tiny bike??

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#13 Unread post by Shorts »

Dohun wrote:who'd dish out 3 grand for a such a tiny bike??
That's what they run new here in JPN. The blue one that's been sitting at REd Baron's for nearly a year now is about 380,000yen brand new 125cc.

They should bring the CBR250RR to run with the Ninja. It'd really knock it's fairings off if it did.

The 250 Hornets sell like hotcakes here. I see them all over the place.

As for the rumor of the 125cc CBR coming to the States, it'll be a fairly useless bike. Out here, they are used alot, with their super revving bumble-sounding engines (I hate to hear them). But I don't see them as more than any big city/inner city/congested commute bike that isn't a scooter.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#14 Unread post by storysunfolding »

the vtr 250 looks bad "O Ring", the 125 won't cut it. We in america in many cases need to use an interstate to get around (places with high pop density at least).

I don't see it working for a riding school b/c the price includes gear, what do they care about that?

A 250-500 is a perfect sized engine. I love my 550 v twin yamaha. My 650 v twin suzuki can pull all my gear and my g/f with plenty of pep left, but if the 125 doesn't have speed, that's a huge knock against it working here in my opinion
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Puyopop
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by Puyopop »

They are definetly being released in Canada, look at the ad right here on the the Honda Canada site. It's about 3 grand you get 3 year roadside assistance, Joe Rocket Jacket, and the bike. I've also heard they have been dealing with insurance companies trying to get insurance rates extremely low.

http://www.honda.ca/MotorcycleEng/default.htm

I agree with most in that it would be great around town, but useless on the highway. I think my money is better invested in my 250.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#16 Unread post by High_Side »

Two months after the fact it all seems so obvious :P

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#17 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

I think the CBR125 is a great bike for Canada. The picture is easily worth a thousand words for that bike. There havent been any interesting 125cc street bikes in Canada for ages! I vaguely recall a few cruisers from the past.

Sure a 250 would be good too, they need BOTH, and putting there foot in the small displacement class is a great idea, which Canada is hopefully ready for... considering the price and quality of the current scooters I see out there on the streets they are a joke compared to this mini-CBR. At $149/month (according to the Honda Canada web-site) it's a steal for a fun bit of transport.

With the way traffic is in some cities, and rising fuel costs, etc. this looks like a wicked entry level, an even cool, bike. A real Frugal Flyer.

//monkey
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)

Sandibeach
Regular
Regular

#18 Unread post by Sandibeach »

Well I bought this CBR125 and couldn't be happier. I don't know about the USA, the Ninja 250 is twice as much as the CBR in Canada. Even a used Ninja runs easily around $4500-$5000 and I even then, I couldn't find very many for sale. All the used bikes I looked at that are 250cc were priced around $3000-$4000 (anything made in the year 2000 and newer). In Canada the CBR is $3500 plus tax. To insure, it's $300 a year fully insured both ways.

I think this is a great starter bike to drive around town and learn on. I've had it for a week and I'm sure by now I would have bailed on a bigger bike. You can't imagine the attention this bike is getting from fellow riders.. they want it for their friends or girlfriends starting out.

I think the other manufactures are going to follow suit. I know in Ottawa almost all the dealers are already sold out, and that was 2 weeks ago - before the bikes even came into the dealerships. I went on the Honda demo ride a couple of weeks back and he said they are selling like hot cakes!

This bike is geared for new riders, not experienced riders. My husband thinks it's a hoot to drive, but he won't give up his 600 cc bike for this.

My two cents...
2007 Honda CBR125

flw
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: '98 Honda Goldwing GL1500se

#19 Unread post by flw »

In Illinois if your 16, you are limited to 125cc's or less till your 18. There are very few real bikes for a teen to learn real skills needed for 55 mph or less skills for.

I know Kawasaki has a 125 Eliminator bike that is not nearly as good looking as the Honda. Also has less features and is more of a standard (ugly at that). Just because your limited to a 125 doesn't mean you should be limited to weenie looking bikes or scooters. It nice to see a good looking 125.

Other states may or may not have pre-eighteen bike size limits.

Anyone want to share what you U.S. State or Canadian territory limits minors to?
Goldwing 1500se '98
VN500 LTD '07 Sold

Sandibeach
Regular
Regular

#20 Unread post by Sandibeach »

In Ontario - Canada, there are no limits on bike size for new riders, even under the age of 18. So you can get a 16 year old kid on a 1000cc sport bike... which is just crazy!!

But on another note, you wouldn't see too many of those, because the insurance would cost more than the bike. I know guys in their mid-20's who pay easily $3-$4k a year in insurance on a 600cc.

We do have what's called "graduated licencing". Your learners permit is good for 90 days and within that time you have to take a road test, which brings you up to the next level. You can keep that licence up to 5 years, but must have it a min of 2 years. Within the 2-5 years you need to take another road test, but this one is much more involved and longer. The ministry of transportation here basically tries to discourage you from taking your tests with them... they really push the safety courses. So I think more and more riders are going that route. I know that was the first question they asked me when I went to go get my learners permit. They have very few testers and dates available. They try to make it as hard as possible, so you'll go with a school. The schools here all have certified instructors who test you.
2007 Honda CBR125