darrellaj14
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamah XVS 1100

tires?

#1 Unread post by darrellaj14 »

I've got a beautiful 2007 Yamaha XVS1100. Need rear tire, figured might as well put on front as well. Looking for advise on what brand tires. Just retired and planning on putting on miles and miles. Thx for ur advise. Plz respond.

Anniekat
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2009 Yamaha V Star Classic

Re: tires?

#2 Unread post by Anniekat »

Hi, I too have a beautiful VStar 1100. I need tires for the new season coming. I have been researching and have narrowed it down to Michelin Commander II or staying with a new set of Dunlops. I have ridden on the Dunlops for two years and have no complaints but I am also interested in a tire a little more sticky for better handling. What have you decided on? What did your bike come with? And did you find the ride smooth and trustworthy on your cornering?

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Darrell and welcome to the forum. We sure would like to see a picture of your bike.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ibanrfknm
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 50
My Motorcycle: FXDBI

#4 Unread post by ibanrfknm »

Yea welcome. I'm on my second set of commander II tires and have nothing but good things to say.