Brake! LED Taillights

Fat Boy
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Fat Boy »

Has anyone tried this product:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Harl ... 0079341911
*** Note the above does not come with the turning lights as in the picture, I would want it without the turning lights anyway.

???

I like the idea of LED (visibility is key and any improvement is beneficial), but also want to keep the 'Look' stock (or better). The products I have seen to date all look like a 'Stick-on' and I don't like the way that looks, so I started looking around for a product that will 'Replace' the original break light (but also look original/classy).

Any comments on such a product or the link above?

POMMIE
Rookie
Rookie

LED TAIL LIGHT

#12 Unread post by POMMIE »

CERTAINLY IN THE U.K FLASHING BRAKE LIGHTS ARE NOT LEGAL. A GREAT IDEA THOUGH IF IT WERE ALLOWED!!
SOME PEOPLE WILL FIT THEM ANYWAY FOR SAFETY AND IGNORE THIS - GOOD FOR THEM!!!CYCLISTS USE THEM ALL THE TIME AND NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT.LED TAIL/STOP AND OTHER BULBS ARE AVAILABLE AS DIRECT REPLACEMENTS: I HAVE FITTED THESE TO ALL MY VEHICLES WHERE POSSIBLE - U.K SUPPLIER IS "ULTRALEDS" WHO CAN MATCH ALMOST ANY AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION.CAREFUL,THOUGH - INDICATOR ("TURN SIGNAL?") WILL NEED A RESISTOR FITTED TO ACHIEVE CORRECT FLASH RATE.AND THE'RE NOT CHEAP,BUT i'VE NOT HAD CAUSE TO REPLACE ONE,UNLIKE NORMAL BULBS.
(AS THEY REQUIRE FAR LESS CURRENT IT SHOULD REDUCE THE DEMAND ON THE ELECTRICS AS A WHOLE)

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#13 Unread post by slimcolo »

LED bulbs can also be had. These are direct replacement for the 1156 and 1157 and come in straight and 90 degree. Thier illumination is about the same as stock bulbs but with LED reliability. These are replacement bulbs and not as bright as the arrays. However they only run about $10 to $15 and will work in many older smaller tail lights that are too small for an array.
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=22842

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#14 Unread post by keysman »

Those drop in LED bulb replacements can sometime be dimmer than the regular bulbs they are replacing. I would stick with some type of LED array. That's just my opinion.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#15 Unread post by jonnythan »

flynrider wrote: I'm not too crazy about the feature that flashes the light for "several seconds" when the brakes are applied. This could give the cager behind you the idea that you're just tapping on the brakes and not necessarily braking hard. If I need to flash the brake light on and of, I can easily do that myself, when appropriate. I wonder if you can turn that feature off?
That's one of the reasons I purchased Hyperlites instead of a brake light modulator.

Having small, super bright add-on light modules that flash in addition to the totally normal operation of your brake light seems like a better idea than making your brake light be the one flashing.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

pvensel
Rookie
Rookie

Boulevard C50 Tail Light Assembly and Rear Fender

#16 Unread post by pvensel »

Hey, I have a 2006 Boulevard C50 and I have been looking for several months to find an aftermarket tail light assembly to replace the stock tail light. Does anybody have and ideas. Or at lease a aftermarket rear fender for my bike. I am not sure where to look. Thanks!
Keep It Vertical!

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#17 Unread post by slimcolo »

Check with Drag,J&P and even Suziki. Might have to look at aftermarket Harley stuff and see what you can adapt. Best to google your bike and follow links.
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=22842

pvensel
Rookie
Rookie

Tail Light Assembly Information

#18 Unread post by pvensel »

I have been looking and there is some units that I like, the only problem that I have is I am not sure if they will work with the contour of my rear fender. I also know that I might have to drill new holes but I do not like the idea of putting a plug in the holes that will be visible. This is one reason why I also asked about aftermarket fenders. I would like to install silver bullet signals on my rear fender and take off the nasty stock tail light & signal assembly. I used to do autobody repair for a few years about 15 years ago, so I am outta the fabrication aspect of things. This is my first street bike and I am learning alot of stuff from my V-Twin Subscription, and the cycle shows on TV, and when it comes to my bike, I get lost because of the electrical wires and fabricating with out the right tools. I could use some ideas if you have any.
~Thanks
Keep It Vertical!

cyclebiker
Rookie
Rookie

Like the idea!

#19 Unread post by cyclebiker »

Anytime you can improve safety on a ride the product is a good idea. This is one of them.
Brian

Against.Da.Grain
Rookie
Rookie

Keysman?

#20 Unread post by Against.Da.Grain »

This link seems to be going to a website that's not setup yet. Is that the right URL?

Link removed by moderator because it is no longer a valid link

Thanks