Seats Aftermarket

sbcvulcan
Regular
Regular

Seats Aftermarket

#1 Unread post by sbcvulcan »

Anyone have a favorite afermarket seat Mustang, Corbin, Saddlemen, any other ? If so what do you like about it. I am looking for one for a Vstar 650 and on the current stock seat I do get a sore tailbone on long rides.

Thanks

poppygene
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by poppygene »

Personally, I like Corbin saddles. I've owned two different ones and each of them have made an enormous difference in long distance comfort levels for me. I used to have the same problem as you, but not since I've been riding on a Corbin. I've heard similar comments from Mustang buyers, so I guess it comes down to personal preference. The main difference between the two seems to be in the density of the padding. The Corbin has a firmer feel, which I prefer, and the Mustang's foam looks thicker and softer.
Let me get this straight... it's one down and four up, right?

[img]http://img93.exs.cx/img93/7837/aread0hm.gif[/img]

the deacon
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite seats

#3 Unread post by the deacon »

Corbin Classic Solo. It's like a baseball glove - the more you use it, the better it feels
Faster is better. It's better to be shot out of a cannon than squeezed from a tube. That's why God made fast motorcycles. - Hunter S. Thompson

sportsterideragogo
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by sportsterideragogo »

Mustang seats are awesome! The foam seems to be stiffer, so it doesn't fully compress when you're sitting on it. I actually can feel myself 'bouncing' on the seat while going down the road.
"Beer GOOD! Beer make BAD THING go away!"

Canuckskie
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

Mustang Seat

#5 Unread post by Canuckskie »

Bought the 2 piece mustang seat for my v-star, and so far really like it.
I just got to try it out on a short afterwork scoot but find it sits you in a better position than the stock seat and way more comfy on the buns.
Think i'll really get to love this seat
Last edited by Canuckskie on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#6 Unread post by ZooTech »

I've had seats from Corbin and Mustang. Both are good quality products and make a HUGE difference in comfort.

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by canuckerjay »

I've just ordered my Corbin Stinger for my V-Star 1100, and am waiting the 45 days until it arrives.

I spent a lot of time gathering opinions and from a ton of opinions I've ascertained that

Corbins tend to be harder than Mustangs.
Corbins do work in like a ball glove and become more comfy over time.
Both are excellent for long rides.
Mustang seats tend to seat you closer to the tank.
Corbins tend to seat you further back and lower.

Both are stellar products and I've never read any opinion on either that expressed disatisfaction.
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.

J.R. Bob Dobbs
Elite
Elite

#8 Unread post by J.R. Bob Dobbs »

I just installed a Corbin on my Nighthawk 750. My stock seat was extremely comfortable but is starting to show its age. The Corbin moves the seating position back slightly and is larger and more anatomically shaped in the buttox area. And it appears *very* well made, fits the bike great too.

But it's so firm my rear gets quite sore within an hour. I've only put a couple hundred miles on it. Their literature says they mold themselves to your butt after a few thousand miles. I presume this is true. I'm taking a longish trip next month and will put the stocker back on if the Corbin hasn't broken-in yet.

Papa Bear
Regular
Regular

#9 Unread post by Papa Bear »

Actually I had a Corbin, didn't like it at all. My butt got just as sore as with the stock seat. :( I've since had a LePera and now a Mustang. I liked the LePera and I really like the Mustang. :D

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#10 Unread post by scan »

I have a questions for all you after-market seat lovers. Do these seats feel hard at first? I sat on a $600 seat for my bike, and though, geez, that is very hard. The guy who owned the bike said it was the best improvement to his bike. Do you have to get use to these seats, or was that an unusual experience I had? I know my rear gets sore on my stock seat, but I don't want to spend $600 on what seems like replacing a cushion with a shaped piece of hard plastic.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.