Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

Respro Foggy Mask

#1 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I've had trouble with my Vega full face helmet fogging since I purchased it. And, with colder weather coming here in PA, I went searching for mask to place inside my helmet to keep my face warmer and stop the fogging. I was going to buy the Vega OEM when I came across the Respro Anti Fog Mask. This seemed like a better alternative since I can move it from helmet to helmet. I purchased mine on ebay since I could get in in blue instead of the standard black that I found at some internet sites like Aerostitch.

I have to say that after just one ride in "chilly" ambient temps in the low 50's, I'm very impressed. My face shield didn't fog once even when I stopped at home to open the garage door. It doesn't stop the flow of cold air below the mask. You still get the same airflow to the neck, chin, mouth and nose.

It fits snugly across the bridge of the nose and cheeks allowing very little air to come up through. Even when turning my head in all different directions, it stays in place.

The mask is made of neoprene and a preformed metal nose piece. It has a large velcro patch on the front and two smaller patches on the sides.

To install the mask, you attach a velcro piece with adhesive to the chin portion of the helmet. Next, you attach the mask to the velcro. Third, you push the chin straps into the helmet and attach the velcro on the sides of the mask to the cheek cushions in the helmet. The directions were on the back of the package and very easy to follow.

If I have any problems with the mask or have more good things to say, I'll be sure to reply to this post.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Stay Safe Out There!

Additional Information: I found this information on the back of the packaging and wanted to add it to the review.

This mask is known not to fit the following helmets:
AGV R3 & R4 Full Face Series,
Open Face crash helmets,
Flip Lid crash helmets,
Pudding basins and tin pots.
-all else works!

Manufactured & Distributed by Respro (UK) LTD
email: respro@easynet.co.uk
Tel: 44 (0)207 721 7300
Fax: 44 (0)207 721 7290
Last edited by Scoutmedic on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dablade
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300, 2004 GL1800 ABS

#2 Unread post by dablade »

Thanks for the informative post, and the great pictures!
I like unique and functional accessories. This one certainly fits the profile.
Regards,
Perry