REVIEW: Memphis Fat Windshield with Quick Mount.

Duane
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

REVIEW: Memphis Fat Windshield with Quick Mount.

#1 Unread post by Duane »

First let me tell ya about where I got it. The sales guy at Seattle Cycle Center has been legendary in his service. Highly recommend this shop to anyone looking to get anything bike related. He spent an hour+ working with me on picking out the right windshield, mounting and height, explaining everything in detailed as to why, what and how. Then he called the distributor and knocked the price down for me!

So yeah now the windshield!
I ended up going with the Memphis Fat 15” with quick release mounting. What a difference a windshield makes on freeway driving, cold mornings or both. I knew it would help but I had no idea this much!

Using a giant windshield template we placed it on my bike and looked at what would be comfortable for me. We reviewed width and height and then we looked at a few of the tinting examples. I probably would have gone with tinted anyways because I really liked the look but the main selling point was that it didn’t cost anything extra.
While cruising around town, I really enjoy the wind beating on me, especially on hot days, so I wanted something I could remove fairly easy. With the quick release mounts, installing/removing the windshield takes less then 5 minutes.

Total price with Washington state tax: $279.76
A little more then I wanted to spend but isn't that always the case?

I wish I had taken some pictures of the actual installation, I was just so excited to get this installed I completely forgot I wanted to snap a few. The installation was a breeze; the instructions were easy to follow and since I ordered a kit for my bike, the mounting and bolts fit perfectly. The hardest part was reconnecting the light bar, but that changed as soon as I realized the front guard pops off.. Took me all together maybe 30 minutes and I’m not very handy with mechanical stuff at all!

So was it worth it? Since I plan on doing lots of 400 mile freeway trips, keeping the bugs off me makes it worth it in my book. Cutting the wind at 60mph+ and the cold in the morning made it worth every penny.

Front:
Mount:
Looking through: