Joe Rocket Pheonix Jacket in White

lunchmeat
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Joe Rocket Pheonix Jacket in White

#1 Unread post by lunchmeat »

Hey, guys.

I live in Florida and it's kinda hot down here....I'm currently using a Joe Rocket winger jacket (and right now, I forgot the name of it, I think it's a discontinued line) and it's simply too hot. I would die. As such, I'm thinking of picking up a Pheonix.

Edit: Found a previous post. It's a Joe Rocket Comet, but unlike a comet, it's hot as all hell.

My question - I'm thining of getting one in white. What's cleaning like for these jackets? Are they difficult to clean? I'd like white since it's super-reflective, provides better visibility, and probably is cooler overall....but if it's gonig to be very difficult to clean, then it probably won't be worth it. I'm not saying I"ll have to keep it spotless, but in the event dirt or something gets on it, I'd like to be able to get any stains or whatever out easily.

Anyone with any experience with this matter?
Last edited by lunchmeat on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
-lunchmeat

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#2 Unread post by jonnythan »

Get a different color. Silver or a color such as red, blue, or yellow won't look as nasty as white.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by Veda »

I have a Joe Rocket textile jacket with white bits. The white bits are getting less and less white. The problem with cleaning is that the washing instructions on most of these jackets is hand wash only. Despite that I put mine through the washing machine on delicate once, but I am hesitant to wash it too many times because I don't want to degrade the protective quality of the material.

Jadien
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by Jadien »

If your main concern is a bright color to reduce heat.... don't worry about it. My "Phoenix" is black and I live in GOD's Oven aka Phoenix, AZ!!! I've had no further heating than what I would have if I were in a t-shirt.
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

2004 SV650S

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#5 Unread post by jonnythan »

Jadien wrote:If your main concern is a bright color to reduce heat.... don't worry about it. My "Phoenix" is black and I live in GOD's Oven aka Phoenix, AZ!!! I've had no further heating than what I would have if I were in a t-shirt.
I've got to disagree. I have a black mesh jacket and can definitely feel that it's black in the sunlight.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]