Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Suzuki Vstrom DL650/DL1000 Suzuki Gel Seat review

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Suzuki Vstrom DL650/DL1000 Suzuki Gel Seat review

My new Suzuki Gel Seat arrived today in the post.

Inital impressions:

- Super easy to install.
- Looks and feels solid
- It's black with the riders seat having a "grip pattern" on it
- Had all the pan rubbers on it like the stock seat

Riding impressions (150km or about 2.5 hours).

- It feels much better than the DL650 stock seat as it allows you to move back more and move around on the seat if needed.
- It's wider than the stock seat both in the seating area and in the front. Says about 3/4-1" taller and I've believe it. Can make flat footing on both feet at a stop more difficult (even for 34" inseam like me)
- More padded, but much firmer. (break-in required I imagine to get it more comfy)
- You don't slip forward anymore (yay!)
- After 2.5 hours on it, I was still fine to ride more. With the firmness of the seat you can feel any seams in your back jeans pockets or stuff in them, but hopefully as it breaks in more it will get a little softer.

The Suzuki Gel Seat is a big success over the DL650 Vstrom stock seat. What a difference! If there were 2 areas I'd give neutrals over it would be: Firmness of seat and it raises the riding position up quite noticably.

It has turned the DL650 into a "I can't believe how comfortable this riding position is, but what an aweful seat after 20 minutes", to "I can't believe how comfortable this riding position is, what a great firm seat for touring, glad I'm tall".

So out of 10, it gets:

Suzuki DL650 Stock Seat (4/10): :star: :star: :star: :star:
Suzuki Gel Touring (9/10) Seat: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Photos to come soon! :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#2 Unread post by High_Side »

Thats great news buddy. Just imagine what handlebar risers could do for Andrea on a Monster :P