Perforated leather pants - your experience in summer ???

superskip
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Perforated leather pants - your experience in summer ???

#1 Unread post by superskip »

I live in the hot, muggy, humid, sweltering, buggy South (USA)...

I will not wear my regular leather pants during the summer, so I'm thinking of perforated...are these tolerable on high humidity 95 + degree days ?...'cause if not I won't wear them either .

But I really need protection for my lower half during summer.

Sicko
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by Sicko »

This is a delima for us southern folks. In the dead of the summer, July and August. I wear as little as possible. The most important thing I have on is sun screen. I know I'm taking a risk but when it's really hot and muggy, even a mesh jacket feels like a fur coat.

superskip
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by superskip »

Sicko wrote:This is a delima for us southern folks. In the dead of the summer, July and August. I wear as little as possible. The most important thing I have on is sun screen. I know I'm taking a risk but when it's really hot and muggy, even a mesh jacket feels like a fur coat.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking . I imagine even perforated leather is like a portable sauna. or even textile. or even plain old jeans feel hot as h8ll.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by jonnythan »

superskip wrote:
Sicko wrote:This is a delima for us southern folks. In the dead of the summer, July and August. I wear as little as possible. The most important thing I have on is sun screen. I know I'm taking a risk but when it's really hot and muggy, even a mesh jacket feels like a fur coat.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking . I imagine even perforated leather is like a portable sauna. or even textile. or even plain old jeans feel hot as h8ll.
Mesh pants or Draggin Jeans. It's not so bad.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]

Deleted
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Deleted »

Deleted
Last edited by Deleted on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by jonnythan »

Softail Rob wrote:I know this is going to sound nuts... but,
try wearing polypropylene long underwear under your leather pants,
it will help to wick the moisture away from your skin and insulate you from the heat of the engine.
Now this isn't my idea, I had recently read an article on riding in Deserts and other extreme heat areas
and this was the advice from a factory rider who test Motorcycles (not dirtbikes) at a desert test track.

:twocents:
Yeah, it's an absolute must to wear something under leather when you're going to sweat at all. Go to the local sporting goods store and find the lightest weight synthetic long underwear they have.

But leather in the summer is still absolutely miserable. Hook yourself up with some mesh or kevlar.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]