Frank Thomas Gear

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Frank Thomas Gear

#1 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Frank Thomas jackets? There's one in my size on clearance at a local shop but I don't know if it's any good, so any opinions on the jackets as a whole?
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by Apollofrost »

anybody? So nobody has heard anything about Frank Thomas gear at all?
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#3 Unread post by Veda »

Nope, never heard of it.

Damian
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 1994/Honda/Magna

#4 Unread post by Damian »

They had a lot of it at my local CycleGear. The leather and textile jackets that I looked at seemed high quality, but much more expensive than I've seen for other similar brands. Never worn the stuff, though.
1994 Suzuki Katana 600
1994 Honda Magna 750

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Well I looked it up on the web and it seems to be a European brand, which would explain why the jacket in question fits me (I'm European shaped!).

There were two things that made me a little uneasy though, one was that the site said that they don't use ballistic nylon in all of their jackets(they use some sort of proprietary fiber). The other was that when I went to a local shop (not cycle gear where they sold the Frank jackets) and asked about Frank Thomas gear both clerks told me how terrible it was.

Seems that a friend of theirs had bought a Frank Thomas suit that ripped down the seams in a crash. Now I'm inclined to believe them, but on the other hand they mentioned Cycle Gear and they could have just been thrashing a competitor's product.

Either way I doubt I'll get the jacket because I lack faith in it. But I would like to know if the guys in the shop were telling the truth.
-Anonymous

jonnythan
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by jonnythan »

Kitty wrote: when I went to a local shop (not cycle gear where they sold the Frank jackets) and asked about Frank Thomas gear both clerks told me how terrible it was.
Hah!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnythan/sets/]Flickr.[/url]