Cortech DSX denim Jacket

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

Cortech DSX denim Jacket

#1 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

Hi everyone

Been searching for a new jacket to get Billy. I found the Cortech DSX denim, and he really seems to like it, but I have a question on the sizing. Does anyone own this jacket that can answer a sizing question for me?

The sizing charts are kinda confusing to me. If anyone has this jacket, can you tell me what size you bought, and what size normal jacket you usually take so I can make the comparison. Motorcycle gear is sized so wacky sometimes.

Thanks for any help you can give.
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**

Philthy McNasty
Rookie
Rookie

#2 Unread post by Philthy McNasty »

It just ain't rite! I can wear 2x, prefer 3x shirt & jackets in regular world clothes. I was excited to find a 3x cortec at a shop, put it on, let's just say it should have said medium or large at best. Salesman tells me real Motorcycle riders like their clothing a little snug. :evil: Well this rider wants it to just fit. Okay, the best I can tell you is to try it on, or make sure there is an excellent return policy.
Sunshine & 80 degrees!

celt
Elite
Elite

Re: Cortech DSX denim Jacket

#3 Unread post by celt »

SilveradoGirl wrote:Hi everyone

Been searching for a new jacket to get Billy. I found the Cortech DSX denim, and he really seems to like it, but I have a question on the sizing. Does anyone own this jacket that can answer a sizing question for me?

The sizing charts are kinda confusing to me. If anyone has this jacket, can you tell me what size you bought, and what size normal jacket you usually take so I can make the comparison. Motorcycle gear is sized so wacky sometimes.

Thanks for any help you can give.
question:

have either of you seen it in person?

I thought I liked it in pictures, but when iI saw on in person, I didn't like the look of it for some reason. The denim in the pictures looks 'different' in person. It's kind of hard to explain, really....

Philthy McNasty
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Philthy McNasty »

I did see it & tried on the 3x, since it didn't zip up (by about 8 inches too far) I can't say what it looks like. The denim-look part is okay & it fit shoulders & elbows, & seemed long enough, but since it was made in the belly for an anorexic, I'll never know. I have noticed there is a dark "blue" model. I haven't seen it personally. Could the reason you didn't like it be because it doesn't fit the standard denim jacket mould/ design?
Sunshine & 80 degrees!

Texfire
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Texfire »

I've got one and it runs true to size. I normally wear 46 or XL jackets and that's the size I'm running on the DSX. Of course I took the liner out, so that probably helps as it's definitely a little on the snug side. If Billy is as well endowed as I am around the waist he might find it a little tight there, though it has the same effect as a back belt to a lesser extent.

Other than that I like the jacket and expect to use it more come fall. Even with the vents, which work well it's a little warm for a Texas summer, requiring me to transition to a mesh jacket to avoid heat problems. For that I went with an XXL as it was definitely on the small side, and I'm pretty happy with it.

Tex