Teknic Warrior Jeans

Ian522
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

Teknic Warrior Jeans

#1 Unread post by Ian522 »

I was looking to get a pair of protective jeans for use during the warmer months and for when I wanted something more casual than my textile pants, which are uncomfortable and power-ranger looking when not on the bike.

I was thinking of draggin jeans at first, but thought they were a bit pricey at $100. I saw these Teknic Warrior Jeans on Bikebandit.com for $70, and since I was already ordering some parts from bike bandit I said what the hell and bought a pair. I havent gone riding with them on yet since I just got them today and its snowing outside.

My first impression was how casual they look, which was what I was looking for. Aside from the extra stiching accross the knees and rear, they look like a nice pair of your average contemporary jeans. They are boot cut and a slightly relaxed fit. But not a loose baggy fit.

As far as protection, there is Kevlar material sewn in around the front of the knees and the arse section. Its actually real Kevlar material as evident by the Dupont tag that comes on the jeans...Not some vague no-name "abrasion resistant nylon," etc. that some other makers advertise as being in their jeans.

My only complaint is that the kevlar only covers the front of the knee section, I would feel a little better if it wrapped all the way around the back of the knee as well. Its the same case with the rear end, it doesnt wrap all the way around the front. Other than that, they so far seem to be exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.teknicgear.com/catalog.php?styleid=2&pid=34