Powertrip Jackets and Icon Gloves, any thoughts?

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Powertrip Jackets and Icon Gloves, any thoughts?

#1 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Hey, I was looking around on newenough and I saw some things that I like namely the US "Flak Jacket" made by Power Trip and the Pursuit Gloves made by Icon.

Does anyone have any experience with either product in particular or have anything to say about the companies in general? As much as I would like to just go to a shop and try them on it's just not possible untill I go back to the US (3 months).

http://www.newenough.com/powertrip_us_a ... t_page.htm

http://www.newenough.com/icon_pursuit_gloves_page.htm
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by BlueBomber »

I've heard only good things about the jacket, one of my friends just got one for Xmas and he's excited about it, and somebody on one of my blog lists reviewed the flak jacket and said it was pretty decent for the cash.

I just bought (haven't revieved) a pair of those same gloves in the "stealth" color option. Those are the black ones with no perferation.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by Apollofrost »

sweet, be sure to write up a review when you get the gloves as I was thinking of ordering those exact same ones(stealth).
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by BlueBomber »

It will be a while...

1) the gloves in my size weren't in when I ordered, so it'll take a couple weeks.

2) it's EFFING COLD OUT MAN

3) The roads are totally covered in salt, it would be asking for death were i to try to ride right now

4) batter is out, and I'm still too lazy to bust out the new allen wrench set.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

Social Distortion
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 2004 triumph thruxton

#5 Unread post by Social Distortion »

i'm interested in the gloves too, but had heard mixed thinigs from people saying that there are some bad gloves on the market and internet that seem to unravel pretty quickly.
If you arrent gonna save a lot of $$ buying them on the internet, go to your local shop and just buy em there so if they do fall apart, more than likely, they can get you a new pair and replace them
"Born to Lose and Destined to Fail"

Bachstrad37
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by Bachstrad37 »

Icon "Super Duty" gloves = teh sux.

I know you're talking about the Pursuit gloves, but the concensus is the same. My Super Duty started fraying after about 2k miles worth of use. I had to stitch them back together just to elimiate the air seapage. Friends of mine complained similarily when his ripped at multiple seams during a fall.

My favorite gloves by far are made by Alpine Stars.
2003 VN1500P Kawasaki Mean Streak
2009 Yamaha Nytro FX

Damian
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 1994/Honda/Magna

#7 Unread post by Damian »

I bought a pair of the Stealth Pursuit gloves. I haven't ridden with them yet, so I can't give a review, but just trying them on and checking them out they seem really sturdy and comfortable. Of course there's no gauntlet, so your upper wrists are exposed.

I tried on some of the perforated leather Pursuit gloves and I don't have much faith that they'll keep the road away from your skin when you need them to. They felt really thin and comfortable, but they reminded me of golf gloves.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#8 Unread post by jstark47 »

Apollo- Don't know the specific jacket you mentioned, but I have a Powertrip "San Jose" mesh jacket for summer riding. The jacket is comfortable and fits well, and quality seems reasonably matched to the price.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S