Icon vs Scorpion helmets

Marauder
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Icon vs Scorpion helmets

#1 Unread post by Marauder »

I recently tried on quite a few helmets and I'd have to say its a toss up between a scorpion EX-700 and an Icon mainstream. Does anyone have any good or bad news either way. I've done some reasearch but I trust you guys and gals over a freakin magazine any day. I hear they are both relatively new, while icon made gear a while they recently started making hemelts so I hear. Feedback appreciated. Ride safe :motorcycle:

MicheleZ
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by MicheleZ »

I have this one:

http://www.motostrano-store.com/icmamahe.html

I like it a lot - I do have to wear earplugs with it though. Keep in mind that I am a new rider so I have not had a chance to really try out a lot of helmets but this one seems to be good quality and I have not had any problems with it - it is also comfortable. I recently tried on my husband's Shoei and it fits my round head much better - like a glove! So now I just got this one (have not received it yet):

http://www.saferacer.com/shrfdi2he.html

Can you tell I like my freaky looking helmets? :mrgreen:

I have this for my ATV helmet - it ROCKS! I really love this helmet.

http://www.hardracing.com/DIRT&ATV/THOR/THORHelmets.htm

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#3 Unread post by Wrider »

I've got the EX400 and it serves me well... Granted, I've got a windshield so that I can actually hear my stock pipes, but it's not loud at all. The strangest thing I've noticed is that it was obviously designed for sportbikes. The actual plexiglas shield does not have a notch where it should, to keep it from being too open, or fully closed. Other than that I love it though. Came from an HJC CL-14 and the first thing I noticed is that I can actually hear the direction of sound. I can tell when a cage is passing me, exactly where it is in relative position to me, it's really nice.
On the Icon, your guess is as good as mine! :laughing:
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

t_bonee
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#4 Unread post by t_bonee »

I have the Icon helmet and it is pretty nice. Never gets uncomfortable on long rides and fits well. I don't know about the noise cause this is the only FF helmet I have had. My other helmets are 3/4. But it doesn't seem bad. My ears don't hurt or anything after long rides.
A dog had his chain reduced one link at a time, every few days, until his chain was so short he could barely move. He never resisted because he was conditioned to the loss of his freedom slowly, over time. Are we in this country becoming like the dog?

Marauder
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Marauder »

I've decided to go with an Ex-700 by scorpion;mainly because it has a washable,removeable liner and it gets mighty hot down here. Thaks for your input everyone :evil3: