dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

RIVCO Dual Air Horns

#1 Unread post by dr_bar »

I just installed my new Rivco air horns purchased from Accessories International in Florida.

First the negative stuff, just to get it all out of the way;

Living in Canada, purchasing products from south of the 49th is almost always at least a bit more expensive than something available locally. Having searched for awhile, the Rivco horns were what I wanted and could not find locally, therefore it resulted in a few extra Canada bucks heading south.

Although the kit comes with all the hardware needed, I found only three problems with the kit;
  • The air hose supplied could be about 6 inches longer to facilitate the install.
  • The wiring from the original horn connections to the right side cover, (the recommended install point for the compressor and relay,) could also be just a few inches longer.
  • It would be nice if the air hoses could be attached to the horns in such a way as to be amost completely hidden after the installation is complete.
That said and done, I had no problem doing the install. Not having all my tools right close at hand, the job took a bit longer than the advertised 20 - 30 minutes, my fault, not theirs.

Like previously mentioned, the kit comes complete with all the mounting hardware and wiring, (relay included.) The kit is model specific to facilitate an easy installation and my kit came with an extra bracket incase I had "Airwings" installed. That bracket would move the horns forward to clear the "Wings". Old horn came off, new horns went on, routed the hose and wires, made connections, and testing the horns took all of 45 minutes. The joy of not having my own garage/workshop made me zip back up to the apartment when I realized I was missing a tool or two to complete the project, (that's what made me take a bit longer.)

The finish of the product looks great, triple chromed and they look it. The trumpets are not plastic as is the case with others kits I looked at and I'm glad I spent the extra dollars.

The offending stock horn and one of the reasons for the switch.

The view under the right side cover...

The horns installed and tested, (complete with finger prints.)

Cleaned up the bike and took it out for a ride, and true to form, some o-ring needed me to test them out before I was 3 klicks from home. He noticed me right away!!! They sound a whole lot better out in the open as opposed the the undergound parkade. No wait time, they sound off as soon as you press the button.

Would I recommend the Rivco horns to someone else, you bet. I would also recommend Accessories International for their service as well.

PS: As if you didn't notice, that baby needs a good detailing done to it. Damn I wish there was an affordable service in town for that...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#2 Unread post by sharpmagna »

holy cow that's loud!!!
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

Took those sound samples with my little point and shoot digital camera... :shock:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"