Gear you have gone down in, and did it work?

TR7
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 79 xs600

Gear you have gone down in, and did it work?

#1 Unread post by TR7 »

I searched, but couldnt find any similar threads. I think it would be a good idea to have one only about the gear you have worn when it met the pavement. I know when I buy gear this is an important consideration as it may be for others, and sometimes this information is hard to find. If you never found yourself surfing the terra firma (cement, dirt, grass, whatever) then this doesnt apply to you. Thanks all.

I went down at about 25mph in an alpinestars spinner jacket, joe rocket blaster 2.0 gloves, and wolverine boots. The gloves wore frighteningly thin, although never ripped and my hands werent touched, so they worked, but I would be hesitant to buy another pair. The jacket made ou quite well, I wasnt wearing the armor so my arm was a bit sore, and the stitching in the reflective stripe tore out, but the rest of the jacket took the pavement without drama. The boots also held up well considering their not motorcycle boots receiving little damage and covering my ankle. My jeans never tore, the same cant be said for the skin underneath them however.

ps- if this thread is already somewhere else, feel free to delete it, but please point me in the right direction first.

oldschoolorange
Legendary
Legendary

#2 Unread post by oldschoolorange »

I have dumped a bike twice on pavement when it was raining, Lots of times in the dirt, and some more on the ice. Any protective equiptment you have on is helpfull. The leather jacket I had on when i went down in the rain did not even get a scratch, and my joe rocket supermoto gloves did their job and did not rip, however the hard plastic knuckle was a bit scraped up.
83 GS550, 70 Yamaha CT1 175

cybermaxx12
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by cybermaxx12 »

I went down at probably 30 - 35 mph recently scraped across the pavement for a bit before I stoped and heres the results on my gear:

Helmet: Didn't hit the ground

Alpinestars Stunt Jacket: Shows a little wear in the arms but almost
undetectable.

Alpinestars SP-2 Gloves: No damage at all

Icon Motorhead Boots: Leather torn up significantly but it did not wear
through. However these boots were caught
between the bike and the ground so they sustained
the most significant damage. Still they came
through well and I would recomend

skoebl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#4 Unread post by skoebl »

Went down going 50 mph. HJC CL-14 helmet had the visor ripped off and cracked the inside foam stuff. $25 JC Penny leather jacket took it like a champ (EMTs cut it all to hell though). My gloves (cortech accelerators) got some minor scratches on them. Other than that I was fine. 8)
SV650 K6 <---Suuper Awsome bike

[quote="V4underme"]
If I didn't feel like a monkey &*$%ing a football when I sat on a sporty, I'd probably own one.[/quote]