Opinions/Info Wanted: Saddlemen Bags for VStar 1100 Custom

Zagnut
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Opinions/Info Wanted: Saddlemen Bags for VStar 1100 Custom

#1 Unread post by Zagnut »

I'm lookin' at getting some Saddlemen "Drifter" slanted bags (Jumbo size) for my 06 VStar 1100 custom. Since I don't know anywhere locally to check out the bags before I buy, I'm lookin' to get as much feedback as possible.

I'm going to get the easy bracket mounting system for the bags. I don't want to take a chance of the throw-over type messing up my paintjob and the flames on my fender are to cool to cover. My research seems to show that the "Easy Brackets" are preferred over the "Ghost Bracket" system. Any opinions on which is the better mounting system and why?...

Here are the points I'm most curious about:

1. With these bags in this size with this mounting system, can I leave my stock rear blinkers as they are...I really like the stock blinkers as they are and don't want to change them or relocate them.

2. Will these bags in this size with this mounting system work with my stock pipes? I eventually plan to put on some custom pipes that aren't as fat at the back as the stock mufflers are, but that ain't gonna happen for a while. Is there enough clearance with the stock pipes for this size and type of bags?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks