Advice wanted: Winter Gloves

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#11 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Look at some "snowmobile" gloves. I have a set of Reima gloves that work very well when the temps dip down into the 40's or below. Padded, waterproof and breathable with gauntlet draw string closure and velcro tighteners at the wrists; http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/ ... G_0277.jpg

I also have a set of Fox neoprene gloves that I wear during the "in between" temperatures in the 50's; http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w77/ ... G_0276.jpg

Swampy
Rookie
Rookie

heated gloves

#12 Unread post by Swampy »

I recently purchased a pair of Harley heated leather gloves. They are a gauntlet style glove that simply hooks to the bikes battery. Though they are expensive, they definately work. I'm not sure how water proof they are if at all, but they are very wind resistant. Let's face it, if you're riding in weather cold enough to need heated gloves you don't want to find out if they're waterproof. It's worth the investment ($160). With the weather as unpredictable as it can be in February you don't want your gloves to fail you..... These gloves are so good that I normally don't have to turn them on until it gets to around 37 degrees. I just bought a new bike and won't let the cold keep me off it..Unfortunately the temp hasn't been above 28 in probably two weeks so I'll wait. :frusty:

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

Re: heated gloves

#13 Unread post by ofblong »

Swampy wrote:I recently purchased a pair of Harley heated leather gloves. They are a gauntlet style glove that simply hooks to the bikes battery. Though they are expensive, they definately work. I'm not sure how water proof they are if at all, but they are very wind resistant. Let's face it, if you're riding in weather cold enough to need heated gloves you don't want to find out if they're waterproof. It's worth the investment ($160). With the weather as unpredictable as it can be in February you don't want your gloves to fail you..... These gloves are so good that I normally don't have to turn them on until it gets to around 37 degrees. I just bought a new bike and won't let the cold keep me off it..Unfortunately the temp hasn't been above 28 in probably two weeks so I'll wait. :frusty:
I have the same gloves. They are actually gerbing gloves just with harley davidson slapped on them. I wore them in 35 degrees and I was sweating my "O Ring" off. Only problem I have with them is the long "O Ring" wires. I have them run under the handlebars and back to me they are so long.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by BlueBomber »

I don't know about the pricerange...but for like 10$ more you can get a couple of good pairs of Alpinestars...

If you want shell out some seirous cash (and I would if I could ride longer in the winter...) Gerbing and HELD both offer AWESOME gloves in the 130ish price range.

New Enough sells HELD now if you want to check them out.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue