underleather garments, a few questions/opinions needed.

dappanumber1
Rookie
Rookie

underleather garments, a few questions/opinions needed.

#1 Unread post by dappanumber1 »

Sorry this might seem long winded, but any views or comments will be greatly appreciated!

Firstly i thought i would introduce myself, as i have a few things i would like to get feedback from yourselves on. My name is Adam and I'm 23 and from Leicester (sounds a bit like a dating thing going on there! sorry!) I didn't want to come onto the forums advertising a business as i know how annoying that is, as well as being against the rules, from being a forum user on other sites myself.

What i am after is views and opinions.

Basically me and my dad are keen motorcyclists and will be setting up a company selling garments to be worn under leathers. My dad is experienced in developing and manufacturing fabrics after 35 years in the trade and we know of the problems, especially during the summer, of stickiness inside the leathers and the horrible feeling of the leathers turning into a sauna! Also when its freezing like this, something to keep you warm!

I know there are a few companies about that do this at the minute, but have no idea what people actually think about these.

I would be interested to hear if you've got these suits and whether or not you think people will be interested in them.

I would be interested to hear of your experiences with these products, and your thoughts as to why you would, or would not, use them. Also if anyone else has ever mentioned how annoying it is in the summer sweating your kn**kers off (so to speak!) and have thought about getting one of these suits.

It would be a great help if you could get back to me with your honest thoughts, and i promise i wont be trying to flog you owt or start pestering you all!

We have just set up a website www.becka.biz however, we are aware it needs work doing and we will be changing the whole look of it before we start selling off it, which wont be till febuary/march time, its just to get the name about a bit so people can look on it, and get an idea of what we are doing.
Any feedback from yourselves on it will be greatly appreciated, especially if there are certain bits on it you think may be missing or you think could be improved on, or any questions you would ask if you were to buy one. We will also be using ebay and i have set up a myspace for it, however i have not got round to doing the profile yet.

I apologise if this is in the wrong section or people think we're advertising or promoting, i've only put the website on so if people are interested they can look at it in more detail. If this is inappropriate i will delete it. The products are not ready till february/march time either so we wont be able to sell anything anyway!

It would just be nice to hear honest opinions on what people think about products we are going to be selling, as there is little info on the internet about these products and not really any forums apart from motorcyclist forums to get feedback from. I hope you understand.

Thanks in advance, all comments will be read and taken into account, and will be much appreciated.
Cheers, Adam.

WVUChrome
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by WVUChrome »

Not sure how this will really apply, but I'll get it out there. When I ride dirt in the winter, it seems like I can't be warm unless I'm wearing thermal underwear under my jackets. I can't stand long sleeves other than a jacket though. I'd love to have a short sleeve t-shirt made out of thermal underwear material.

Later,
WVUChrome...

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#3 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Hiya dappa

I wear an Edz base layer all year round. The manufacturer claims that it keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer. In winter it helps. It does do better at keeping me warm than having a cotton layer next to my skin. But of course I have to wear a load of other layers on top as well.

It helps a bit, that's the most I can say, but it helps enough to make me want to wear it.

I've never noticed that it was particularly helpful in keeping me cool in the summer. I can get bloody hot in it. But it does wick sweat away well and avoids the sticky leather syndrome.

The best insulation I have in Winter is the lining on my Dainese suit. That keeps me pretty warm.

What I would be grateful for is someone who could invent some really effective thin inner gloves to keep your hands warm on icy days.

Good luck with your venture.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

dappanumber1
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by dappanumber1 »

hi again, thanks for being so helpful! its good to hear the views of other motorcyclists, and we will take into account everything, hopefully, when its off the ground! we were looking into both "under" gloves, and scarves, but one thing at a time for the minute!!
yeah, its hard to get views without going on forums, but then the admin on "other" forums just start abusing you!! thanks again for being friendly, your definately the most helpful motorcycle forum i've been on!! anyway, gotta go, got to go work! groan! hopefully be on later, look forward to your replies!
cheers adam.