Cruiser tank bag or tail bag?

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#11 Unread post by Nalian »

celt wrote:If you get that bag, you should tell us how it works out for you!

Nalian wrote:I've had the same dilemma - the bag I'm eyeing but haven't made any decisions over is the Icon "Urban Tank Bag" which is a tank bag with backpack straps, and the part that protects the paint on your tank flips over to carry your helmet.

I'm curious to see if any other cruiser riders use tankbags at all either.
Well I did get the bag - I found a good deal on ebay for a new one. So far I've only used it twice, but its perfect for a work bag. My laptop can fit in there but I don't like doing that as it makes the bag a weird shape with the laptop in there. But a pair of pants, my safety vest and all my gear fit in it - plus if I want there's the helmet attachment for it.

Overall its a little bit weird at first, but after a mile or so I forgot about it completely. It seems perfect for what I'm using it for.

Social Distortion
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2004 triumph thruxton

#12 Unread post by Social Distortion »

hey Celt
same situation here in Chicago
I got a laptop to take and a lunch bag and such.
Did the tie down to the pillion but i was always paranoid on how well it would hold. I dont like a backpack either...makes me uncomfortable...

Since i dont like the looks of Saddlebags on my MC, i will buy a moderately priced saddlebags ($100-$130) and buy the supports too ( $50). Kinda sucks to pay atleast $200 for something that i will usually take off when i rise for fun, but i can see them being very handy. The more i look, i also like the idea of those Easybrackets so you can slide your bags on and off quickly, but i think that opinion belongs on another thread....and they are pricey at $145 just for the mounts.

good luck
"Born to Lose and Destined to Fail"

WARainMan
Veteran
Veteran

#13 Unread post by WARainMan »

I just ordered a Nelson-Rigg Expandable Spork Tail Pack for my Boulevard. I'd love some hard saddlebags, if I had the $$$. In the meantime, I hope this pack will get me by.

Happy riding.
2007 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Limited (SOLD, to buy a...)
2007 V-Strom DL-1000

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

#14 Unread post by BlueBomber »

GreedyMonkey wrote:I just ordered a Nelson-Rigg Expandable Spork Tail Pack for my Boulevard. I'd love some hard saddlebags, if I had the $$$. In the meantime, I hope this pack will get me by.

Happy riding.
You *have* to let me know how that works out for you (pictures if you can) since we ride basically the same bike.

And I'm commuting to college next semester.

and I've look at that very pack in my local shops.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

WARainMan
Veteran
Veteran

#15 Unread post by WARainMan »

I really like the bag. It works great. I also added some saddlebags as well. I'll get some pictures added soon.
2007 V-Strom DL-1000

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

Re: Cruiser tank bag or tail bag?

#16 Unread post by BlueBomber »

celt wrote:I was wondering if any of you use a tank bag or a tail bag...I know that these are mostly used by sportbike riders...

I DON'T have a sissybar, so that's why I can't use a sissybar bag.

Any ideas or recommendations?

(the cheaper the better ;))
I've been wanting to buy this bag (linke below). They call it small on the site, but that thing seemed pretty damn big to me. I actually slapped it on my model of biek in the store and sat on and I found it to be not too bad. Plus it's got backpack straps, plus it's magnetic, so if you don't want it on either leave it at home...or make it into a backpack!

\/\/

http://www.newenoughhp.com/rapid_transi ... g_page.htm
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue

WARainMan
Veteran
Veteran

#17 Unread post by WARainMan »

BlueBomber wrote: You *have* to let me know how that works out for you (pictures if you can) since we ride basically the same bike.
Here are a couple of pics, as requested. The saddlebags are K-drive Click-n-Lock. I really like them. The tailbag is a Nelson-Rigg Expandable bag. I use it for my work clothes, etc. I just carry it in, or leave it home if I don't need the extra space.

2007 V-Strom DL-1000

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#18 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I picked up a set of collapsable sadle bags from Canadian tire (I suppose walmart would have them, they go on with two velcro straps over the seat and one solid strap underneath. they look pretty good and only cost me like 55 bucks canadian.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F