Olympia Model 340 Vented Kevlar Protector Gloves

CO_Tim
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Olympia Model 340 Vented Kevlar Protector Gloves

#1 Unread post by CO_Tim »

Got the Olympia Model 340 Vented Kevlar Protector gloves about a month ago. I commute every day, so I've got about 1000 miles on them. Nice gloves, and seem like they'd give great protection -- not as good as race gloves, but better than 95% of the street gloves at most shops. They aren't as cool as perforated or mesh gloves, but when it gets over 85 F and I'm in stop and go hell I'm too busy thinking about how hot my jeans are to think about the gloves till I take them off. Did errands in the rain last night at 50F, they did much better than I expected, just got slightly damp -- my fingers would have been numb in mesh gloves. Fit -- I take a XL or L in most motorcycle gloves, but got these in a Medium. Were tight at first, now perfect. Oh, I also removed some of the elastic on the back of the wrist for more comfort. Overall I'm very happy, would buy them again.

Side note: I make sure to put quality leather conditioner on my gloves when I get them wet, before they dry out. Otherwise the gloves would lose a lot of strength and tear easier in a crash. I also plan to get some XXL gloves to wear over them for rainy days.
2001 Suzuki SV650 (red)