Sidi Ladies Jasmine Tepor Boot

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Sidi Ladies Jasmine Tepor Boot

#1 Unread post by Shorts »

I got a surprise in the mail yesterday, my Sidi boots finally arrived from being on backorder since June. It took so darn long I thought the order was cancelled!

Well, first impressions, the boots fit. I wear a ladie's size 7 most often (when sizing is correct and styles and whatnot). These are a 39 euro-size. The boots feel snug around the ankle bone area, but it feels a little roomy around midfoot. Then the area around the toes, while strangely feeling 'too big', the toes are actually snug in there. There is not a lot of height in the toe area. This particular fit will take a little getting use to, but they are comfy and my foot didn't slide around.

The zipper area was a little stiff, but a little wear will smooth it out. Zipper boots are a plus, especially for me and one hand, and being in JPN where you often must remove shoes. There is a minimal heel, so you feel flat-footed compared to wearing a regular boot. The upper part of the boot is roomy and soft, so it does not hurt the shins or calves. My ankles feel very stable in this boot. My toes are protected, as the front of the boots are reinforced.

I went out and sat on the bike with the boots on to get a feel. The soles feel very rigid and flat. I don't know if that will be a + or -, only riding will tell. I found it a little different to feel for the gear shift, but again, a new boot and I won't know until riding.

I did notice as I stood the bike up and flatfooted, the boots kept my foot in a neutral flexion position and I wasn't able to point my toes or stand on my tiptoes as in my regular boots. That will just be something to adjust to so I don't put a foot down and end up slipping as my toes aren't further down where they would normally touch the ground.

Please forgive the self-inflicted camera shots :oops:

I'll update further when I get some ride time on these. I should add, my foot build is narrow with normal-high arch. My toes are snug, both laterally and vertically. The heel has enough room to be comfrtable but not loose. I probably will try thicker socks for cooler weather riding, but I have a feeling my toes will be squinched.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the insoles are suppose to be removeable. So, depending on comfort, I may leave them or switch them out with another type of insole.

Update - first outing: The boots were pretty comfortable on the bike (I was riding pillion). I just about forgot they were new boots as I got use to them quickly. The boots kept my feet at a fairly constant-to-warm temperature, the wind/temp couldn't be felt from the inside. Though they come up high on the shins, I had no fitment/chaffing/pressure issues with them. The first thing I noticed was due to a very minimal heel, I could place my feet on the pegs that was most comfortable rather than only where the heel edge was. So, that made my knees a little happier.
Last edited by Shorts on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Nice puppies you got there :wink: :laughing:

Yeah I have a pair of sidi on road sympatex boots and at first they are very very stiff. You have to break them in but once you do they are very comfortable. I remember when I first got them, I'd miss up shifts because I'd have to angle my foot a certain way to jam it under the shifter. After a while it got easier, but I had to resort to adjusting the height of the shifter to fix my missed upshifts. I guess the Sidi boots were just a bit taller than the hiking boots I had used when I first got the bike. They'll soften after a while so keep that in mind while you're riding with them.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Shorts »

sharpmagna wrote:Nice puppies you got there :wink: :laughing:

Yeah I have a pair of sidi on road sympatex boots and at first they are very very stiff. You have to break them in but once you do they are very comfortable. I remember when I first got them, I'd miss up shifts because I'd have to angle my foot a certain way to jam it under the shifter. After a while it got easier, but I had to resort to adjusting the height of the shifter to fix my missed upshifts. I guess the Sidi boots were just a bit taller than the hiking boots I had used when I first got the bike. They'll soften after a while so keep that in mind while you're riding with them.
:mrgreen: Thanks

That's pretty much what I found out too. I've got my foot at a steeper angle under there, which surprised me a bit. But, it might actually help me get into 2nd instead of into N :doh1:

MonkeyMaw
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by MonkeyMaw »

You say you are not able to tip-toe in your boots. Would that be the case with any and all boots, or is it just because these are new/stiff? I have a rather short inseam and am unable to flat-foot on my bike. So far, I've only sat on it in sneakers (I'm not on the road yet and promise I WON'T ride in sneakers). I can comfortably touch the balls of my feet to the ground, but was thinking that a proper pair of boots might help me.
Now I am wondering if my boots would have to have a platform sole like Herman Munster's for me to be able to flat-foot! :laughing:
I really like the look of your boots. I guess I should go try a bunch on and see how they feel, but do you have any suggestions on style or brands? You can PM me if you wish. Thanks!
'85 Yamaha FJ600

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#5 Unread post by sharpmagna »

MonkeyMaw - I think your post was directed at shorts, but I'll chime in if you don't mind. I think with any new boots you have to break them in. The leather is still stiff and doesn't want to flex much, but after breaking them in you'll find they have greater movement.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

MonkeyMaw
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by MonkeyMaw »

But would I ever be able to tip-toe with boots?
'85 Yamaha FJ600

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#7 Unread post by kabob983 »

Holy tall socks Batman! :P

Sidi makes a great boot. The short heel is a good thing when you're on the bike and an odd thing when you're trying to walk. Too tall though and you'll have to drop your toe reeeeeeeeeally far to upshift (which is odd). They'll loosen up after a while, give 'em time! I'm sure they'll do a good job of protecting your foot in a potential crash too!
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#8 Unread post by Nalian »

MonkeyMaw wrote:But would I ever be able to tip-toe with boots?
Yes - they just have to be broken in.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Shorts »

MonkeyMaw, you will be able to tip toe, the boots just need to be broken in a bit, as the others have mentioned. The achilles area on the boot is a patch of material rather than leather so the boot can move more freely.

We've gone for several more rides, and during the off times when we got to the bike shop, I was kneeling down checking out bikes and products and the boot was moving very well, bending with my foot and I didn't feel like the circulation in my toes was getting cut off or anything. The weather last night was 18*c and my toes stayed a nice ambient temp.

Hey hey! Who's laughing at my over the calf socks! :mrgreen: Long socks feel better when wearing boots, I don't like feeling seams on my ankles.
Last edited by Shorts on Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mintbread
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#10 Unread post by Mintbread »

Just admit it. You hadn't shaved your legs so pulling the socks up was a necessity. :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/header.gif[/img]