Sidi Ladies Jasmine Tepor Boot

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#11 Unread post by Shorts »

lol actually they weren't bad, Since I'm outside running and biking a lot I keep a pretty good watch on my shaved legs. I don't wanna scare the mama-sans :laughing:

kabob983
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: imaginary motorcycle...

#12 Unread post by kabob983 »

Suuuuuuuure. You just wanted to go for the Harlem Globetrotters look! Admit it!

Hrm...last time I wore socks like that I was about 8 years old playing youth soccer, and I had to wear 'em to cover up my shin guards! :P

Glad to boots are still workin' for ya!
2000 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R (Sold)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (Stolen 4/08, recovered 12/08, sold 3/09)
2004 Suzuki SV650S (Sold)

Being bikeless SUCKS!!!

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#13 Unread post by Shorts »

Holy monkeys. I had my bike out today and of course, wore my boots. Today I did notice I was having trouble finding my rear brake pedal. I goofed up some stops for it too, dropped the bike once on my Pazzo levers! (I bounced the susp because I didn't apply enough/any rear brake to settle the bike).

I kept wanting to slide my foot forward so I could feel the lever on my foot because it didn't feel like I had the brake covered - even though I did. So, it was a bit of a mind game. I had to talk myself through a stop as to keeping my foot positioned properly "at home" so I applied the brake correctly and to learn to trust the boot. So, once I recognized that, things were better.

I also missed a shift...I didn't even have my boot under the gear shift when I tried to shift lol I had to angle my foot to get underneath the gear shift lever. It didn't feel terrible, just an adjustment and I moved my foot back to the peg in a more neutral position.

I was also able to walk the bike better (from that neutral position they felt stiff in). I only managed to 'slip' once, but I caught myself and fine from then on.

All in all, these boots will take a little getting use to from your old boots. But they fit well and work well. Still recommended.

Veda
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#14 Unread post by Veda »

I also got the Sidi Jasmine boots a few weeks ago. I wear a US 7.5-8 and got the EU 41's. I would say mine are maybe half a size too big, but in weird ways. To me they feel like they're a unisex shoe because they feel wider or maybe roomier than a typical women's shoe. But I don't think they are too big. I haven't had any problem tip-toeing or moving around in them, I wonder if that is because of the extra room in the boot.

I will say they are definitely good for cooler weather. I've taken then out on a couple early morning rides to work in 45-50 F temps and they've been the only part of my body that is not cold! On the flip side my feet have been a bit sweaty on hot days.

MonkeyMaw
Elite
Elite

#15 Unread post by MonkeyMaw »

I am glad to hear those Sidis are breaking in nicely. I've been looking at a lot of boots and I keep coming back to that specific pair. They appear to be a high-quality boot with lots of support, but still have a low-profile look. The price isn't too bad, either.
Thanks for addressing my concerns about being able to tip-toe. I think that textile panel across the Achilles' area will be a big help.
You have helped me decide on my first pair of riding boots. Thanks again.
'85 Yamaha FJ600