Opinions on the hard krome 2 into 1 sideburners

thumpjr
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Opinions on the hard krome 2 into 1 sideburners

#1 Unread post by thumpjr »

Hey how's it going...glad I finally found a good motorcycle forum. Anyways I have a 06 v-star 1100 custom and of course Im looking to put on a new exhaust. I've had my eye on the Hard krome 2 into 1 sideburners but I have not been able to see them or hear them first hand. So I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with these pipes that they could share. Thanks
Cruisin...theres no better feeling in the world.....unless you could combine sex with riding....but lets not get greedy

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#2 Unread post by ZooTech »

I've seen 'em mounted to a Streak in person. They sound killer, and the chrome is perfect.

thumpjr
Regular
Regular

#3 Unread post by thumpjr »

yah I've heard the sound is supposed to be amazing. I wonder how they do performance wise..expecially teamed up with a big air kit?
Cruisin...theres no better feeling in the world.....unless you could combine sex with riding....but lets not get greedy

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#4 Unread post by ZooTech »

2-into-1 systems generally offer the most increase in HP due to the "scavenging effect". Aside from the premium price, you can't really go wrong with the Sideburner.

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by canuckerjay »

I don't have the sideburners; but I do have the HK strippers. They market all thier pipes as really, a cosmetic pipe over the real pipe. The problem with my pipes is that the cosmetic pipe ends a good 2 inches before the engine block, so you see the real pipe there. It just looks cheap and I can't beleive they wouldn't go at least another inche closer.

I don't know if it's that way on the SB, but I've heard it's that way with other models as well.

Good luck.
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.

thumpjr
Regular
Regular

#6 Unread post by thumpjr »

Well I just got my two into one sideburners today! Haven't got em on yet but out of the box they're beautiful. The chrome is awesome and it does cover the entire pipe. And man is that end pipe big and bad. Cant wait to get em on. Ill let ya know how they sound.