Gorilla Cycle Alarm

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Gorilla Cycle Alarm

#1 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Ok well since someone screwed with my bike, I figured I'd get myself an alarm. I wasn't ready to throw down $300 for the Scorpio 2-Way Paging alarm so I settled for the Gorilla Cycle Alarm for about $80.

The only wires to attatch to your bike are the negative and positive (including inline fuse) wires. You also have to run a blue wire for the antenna. It also comes with a red LED, but you don't have to connect it. Also comes with a tilt sensor, but you don't have to connect either.

Well I couldn't ge the tilt sensor to work correctly, but I did install it very quickly. I'll mess with it this weekend and see if I can get it working right.

The alarm unit itself is larger than I thought it would be, but I was still able to install behind the side cover on my bike. I attached it with two strips of velcro (included with alarm) so hopefully it holds. You can program the shock sensor so I'll play with that setting. The alarm is very loud (120 decibels) so it should get someone's attention.

I'll update it after more use...
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#2 Unread post by VermilionX »

120db...

i wish my exhaust is 120db. :laughing:
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#3 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

So how's the alarm working for you?

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#4 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Alarm is good. Still can't figure out the tilt sensor but I'm not worrying too much about it.

Vibration sensor is just right. Really, really strong thunder storms will set it off but it won't go off when some civic with a fart pipe comes by.

Voltage sensor works good too. If I forget to turn off the alarm and draw any power from the bike it will set off the alarm.

For the price it is a great alarm. Of course if you want more features, expect to pay for it.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]

skarabb
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#5 Unread post by skarabb »

I just installed the Gorilla Alarm System on my bike as well. Have you experienced any problems with the sound emittance? Mine worked this morning when I left the bike and when I walked back a half an hour later, it was broken, the bike won't chirp - it will trigger sometimes, but no chirp.

Also FYI, we had the same tilt issue with my bike. I called the manufacturer. The key is to play with the sensor while it is not attached to the bike to find out what angle triggers it. It is triggered by the mercury flowing from the left end of the sensor to the right end (with the cord) as the bike is tilted into the upright position. The key is to not make it completely perpendicular to the bike's upright position, play with how much it's tilted and it will work.