Rox 2" Pivoting Risers

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Rox 2" Pivoting Risers

#1 Unread post by Shorts »

Couple weeks ago I picked up a set of Rox 2" Pivoting Risers from Dana Creech Racing.

I received them today and installed them in a matter of minutes. They were exceptionaly gorgeous and machine very well. I purchased the 7/8" to 7/8" set as they were going on my 2000 Honda VTR250. The trick when installing these is to position the risers forward while you tighten down the rear riser bolts. Then when there is little gap, you should pull the risers back to the desired position. It will take a little muscle, that is good. When they are in position you can snug down the front riser bolts. The reason for this little fore thought is because it is difficult to impossible to squeeze in an allen wrench on the rear bolts when the risers are back in position. If you look closely, you can see the gap up front between the caps and risers, though they are snug down so the handlebar is set.

For the cost, about $75, these are great risers. Most block risers are about the same cost and not adjustable. So these ase really a very good deal. They fit 7/8" bars to 7/8" or you can use them to adapt your 7/8" bars to 1 1/8"fat bars. The risers come in a variety of lengths, 2" being the minimum for the pivoting set.

Check them out if you're considering risers for your bike. You will more than likely need to extend lines. I am upgrading to an extended front brake line and a set of throttle cables. If your choke is positioned on the left bar switch like my goofy bike is, you'll need to extend that as well. I simply moved the switch housing further up the bar and redrilled a pilot hole to hold the housing. If your choke is on the tree or under on the carb, no need to worry about it. Electrical will probably need to be extended as well. Hopefully you have plenty of spare harness bunched up behind the headlight. Luckily I do, so I'll just pull a little out.

It doesn't look like my clutch needs tobe extended, but I've moved it around quite a bit to accomodate my controls. So, YMMV.

These products are geared towards snowmobil/atv/dirtbikes, but work excellent on street bikes provided you are prepared to replace/extend cables, hoses and wires. Some bikes may not need a thing. Again, YMMV.

I'd like to send thanks to Dana Creech Racing for sending their products to APO/FPO addresses. Living overseas can be frustrating when it comes to ordering products online; no one wants to ship APO/FPO. But they do and did :righton: