Moose Easy Pull Clutch System?

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Moose Easy Pull Clutch System?

#1 Unread post by Shorts »

He guys, just curious if anyone has any input or experience using the Moose Easy Pull Clutch system on their bikes?

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by Shorts »

Hmm, seems like no one has. I guess I'm the guinea pig.

Well, I ordered and have just recieved mine. Took a week to get here. First off opening the box, I'm immediately disappointed to see the packaging of the product looks like it was taped back up...kinda like they do to refurbished toys on the walmart shelf. I'm going to call the place I bought it from and figure out why I got the crappy wrapped one, as soon as they open..stupid international dateline time zone.

A friend and I will go pick up my bike tomorrow afternoon. Since I'm unlicensed (skill wise, technically I have full M endorsement on my newly issued "learner's permit"), it'd be good to have a skilled rider in the saddle. I should start moving the controls over to the right side in the next couple of days so I can hop on. I'll also be installing the Moose easy pull clutch system.

The next thing I notice out of the box is, there are NO directions. No pictures. No hints. Maybe a little leprechaun hops out of the box and connects it for me? ...maybe not. I sent of an email to Moose asking for directions to directions. We'll see...

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#3 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Jebus......I hate it when you get things mail order and they have NO instructions. :evil:
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Shorts »

Tell me about it...doh!

This morning I was pleasantly surprised by an email from Moose customer service answering my request for directions. While not complicated, when you first look at it, you get "huh?" :laughing: Anyhow, they sent directions and pics, so hats off for very quick customer service from Moose. As for the lack of directions with the product, they said they were working out that glitch as well.

Here's a pic of a mockup they sent:

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

so what does this do anyways?
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

Makes the clutch pull easier. The little pin changes the leverage, reducing by 20%, 25% and 30%.

I got the bike home, but the clutch seems pretty light already. I don't know if I need it on mine. But DHs Vulcan could sure use it. So, I'll see about getting a review done for this sooner or later.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Easy Clutch installed

#7 Unread post by Shorts »

Since I'm working on the controls on my bike, I installed the Easy Pull Clutch System to try it out. Hook up was easy (now that I had a picture!) and it works as advertised.

Since my bike is relatively light as far as the stock clutch goes, I've removed it for now. I might go ahead and install it on DHs Kawi Vulcan as that clutch is a real bear.

As far as this product goes, it works as advertized. Be sure that the line that is supplied has barrel stops at each end. Mine came missing a barrel stop, but I contacted Moose (who's CS has been top notch) is sending out a replacement line, free of charge of course. Directions and pics should also now be included. If yours comes without, you might have older stock.