Music while riding with hearing protection

M109R
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

Music while riding with hearing protection

#1 Unread post by M109R »

Music while riding with 25 DB hearing protection.

Check out http://www.studiophonic.com/html/index.htm

You can listen to your Ipod/MP3 player and get 25db noise protection as well. Very pricey but would be awesome to listen to tunes on those long open roads (not in heavy traffic) without being overpowered by the sound of the bike.

Anyone ever tried these before?
06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

hot_shoe_cv
Elite
Elite

music

#2 Unread post by hot_shoe_cv »

Since you posted this topic I assume you want opinions..so here's mine:
Music or any other auditory sounds like ocean waves, sea gulls,etc. are normally intended to be a means of soothing, calming, or otherwise distraction from the task at hand. In the case of motor vehicle operation and in particular, motorcycles, which are inherently dangerous even with total concentration, such distractions are a serious danger to the rider as well as others on the road. AS I said in the outset, just my opinion :frusty:
02 1500 Mean Streak
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a111/hot_shoe_cv/allaccessories.jpg

M109R
Legendary
Legendary

Sound

#3 Unread post by M109R »

I totally agree with not having distractions while riding (like adjusting the player while riding) but those Goldwing guys sure have it nice with the head unit stereo on the dash. I don't see music as much different than the sound of the engine. i.e. I'm not one who finds it necessary to blare it into my skull.

I don't recommend it for beginning riders but it would be nice on those long straights or highways that go on forever.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. :D
06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#4 Unread post by Sev »

I use sony elp51's for long stretches on Alberta highways. I won't use them in town, on short trips, or through the mountains. It just helps the monotony of long long long straight trips.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum

#5 Unread post by keysman »

I'll listen while I'm on the big slabs but not on the twisties.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#6 Unread post by VermilionX »

off topic: how do you like the FJR1300 keysman?

i saw a review and they praised it and said you can even enjoy it at the tracks, that's how much performance there is on that bike.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

keysman

#7 Unread post by keysman »

I should post a review of it in our sister section. It's a great bike. It's a little heavy for my taste but I am starting to get used to it. Sadly I have had very limited time to ride it. Life keeps getting in the way. I'm taking a four day bike trip next month so perhaps I'll post the review after that.

It's a little scarry for me coming from the BMW F650 CS. I was comfortable with the 650 and now it feels like I'm learning all over again. I should have kept the 650 a little longer but I really wanted something with the hard luggage. Not to worry, I know the solution....

More seat time, More seat time, More seat time!
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS

BlueBomber
Elite
Elite

Re: Music while riding with hearing protection

#8 Unread post by BlueBomber »

M109R wrote:Music while riding with 25 DB hearing protection.

Check out http://www.studiophonic.com/html/index.htm

You can listen to your Ipod/MP3 player and get 25db noise protection as well. Very pricey but would be awesome to listen to tunes on those long open roads (not in heavy traffic) without being overpowered by the sound of the bike.

Anyone ever tried these before?

From the looks of it you could get almost the same thing from a pair of the "waterproof" headphones that swimmers use. I've been told be every swimmer that unless your ears match the ones they tested them on in the labs that they are NOT waterproof...but they're only like 40$ instead of 200-300. They do pretty much the same thing.

\/\/
Suzuki Boulevard M50 - Bright Blue