I-Pass/EZ-Pass Holder

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male

I-Pass/EZ-Pass Holder

#1 Unread post by zarakand »

http://www.jjcyclepass.com/index.htm

I find myself having to go through quite a few tollways at times, and find it very frustrating on my bike. Unlike cars with the I-Pass I can't cruise through the I-Pass lanes, since I have to stop grab the I-Pass out of my jacket pocket, and wave it around in the manual lanes hoping the signal will pick up.

This product seems like a nice way to forgo that frustration. Has anyone had any experiance with it?
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

MetricRider
Veteran
Veteran

#2 Unread post by MetricRider »

I was looking for something like this. I thought about just putting the velco on my windshield, but I would worry that the pass would fall off while I was riding. That and the fact that I would need to carry it in with me everywhere I went anyway...
02 Concours
97 Vulcan 800 Classic

drousseau1
Regular
Regular

E-Z pass mount

#3 Unread post by drousseau1 »

Try this! If you're wearing a belt, get some hook & loop strips, cut (2) pieces enough to wrap a loop around belt , then put the e-z pass right on it! Stays on and you don't have to remember to take off bike when parked somewhere..... works for me...
Honda Shadow Aero '05

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#4 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I use a $5 ez pass holder from best buy. Attached with suction cups and after 5,000 miles with it, it still hasn't fallen off. It's also very easy to remove and take with you to your car or a friends car without having to hold the damned thing up like na idiot
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#5 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

I've got my EZ pass on the inside of my windscreen. I used the Dual Lok that came with it. The transponder is pretty light. Just a couple ounces.

Dual Lok is amazing stuff. It holds things where you put them. Not so good for large heavy items. But hubby uses it to hold a Talkabout radio to his fairing.

P
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

Hopper
Rookie
Rookie

EZ-Pass Holder

#6 Unread post by Hopper »

We make a windshield clip for toll booth $$, parking passes, maps, etc. Have had positive feedback from bikers with tollbooth tickets, but not sure if anyone has tried it with an EZ pass yet? Being from MI we have no clue about the angle or distance of the readers.....
Laura
(Hopper)
www.freespiritchapter.com

Tower18CHI
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I-Pass/EZ-Pass Holder

#7 Unread post by Tower18CHI »

zarakand wrote:http://www.jjcyclepass.com/index.htm

I find myself having to go through quite a few tollways at times, and find it very frustrating on my bike. Unlike cars with the I-Pass I can't cruise through the I-Pass lanes, since I have to stop grab the I-Pass out of my jacket pocket, and wave it around in the manual lanes hoping the signal will pick up.

This product seems like a nice way to forgo that frustration. Has anyone had any experiance with it?
Why can't you go through the open-road lanes? It should be able to pick up the signal from inside your jacket. It's thinner than a car's windshield, after all.

dablade
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 2005 Yamaha FJR 1300, 2004 GL1800 ABS

#8 Unread post by dablade »

Word has it, that two riders can go through a toll lane side by side with one EZ pass/Speed pass. Not that I would ever try such a thing..... :twisted: