Motorcycle Communicators...which would you recommend?

marauder02
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

Motorcycle Communicators...which would you recommend?

#1 Unread post by marauder02 »

We are currently trying to decide between the Collett 900 and the Chatterbox frs-x2. I have been trying to weigh the pros and cons of each unit. My husband and I will use it mostly for rider to passenger comm. with possibly bike to bike if anyone we ride with decides to get units. What are your experiences with these two units or is there another unit you would recommend? Thanks alot!

ShawnKing
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

Re: Motorcycle Communicators...which would you recommend?

#2 Unread post by ShawnKing »

marauder02 wrote:What are your experiences with these two units or is there another unit you would recommend? Thanks alot!
No experience with any of them (We're looking for a good set too) and, I'll throw in another name - just to confuse the issue even more.... http://jmcorp.com/.
Shawn King
Your Bike Life
http://www.yourbikelife.com
2008 Yamaha FJR 1300A

d2mini
Elite
Elite

#3 Unread post by d2mini »

I can only recommend the one i have since it's the ONLY one i've had.
www.starcom1.com
I just saw too many negative reviews on the chatterbox system and I didn't want anything hanging on my helmet making more noise.

I have the advance. Check out the demo video they have that shows how the high speed wind does not interfere at all with the mic.
The only issue I've had is that it can be tough to get the vox set juuuuuust right so that your voice can easily cut out the music but the wind or other noise does not. It's a fine line. But once you get it you're golden.
It's easy to set up, the unit is the size of a pack of cigarettes so it's easy to find a spot under your seat, and everything sounds nice and clear.
-dennis

2004 Triumph Thruxton 900
2006 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

bebbe3
Rookie
Rookie

HelloBiker

#4 Unread post by bebbe3 »

I tested an excellent product, www.hello-biker.com, last November during the EICMA show in Milan. It's a Bluetooth intercom with handsfree function for my cell phone. I have then tried to buy it but it seems as if the production is late. One of the great things is that it should work on almost any helmet. At the exhibition the audio quality was great but of course one has to try it on the bike as well. Does anybody have any more experiences of HelloBiker?

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#5 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

And another option: Autocom!!! http://www.autocomamerica.com

Have ther Pro-7 Sport system and it survived riding in TORRENTIAL rain from Baltimore, MD to Athens, GA with my dd on pillion... we had continuous communication with no hiccups. And we both listened to the XM Radio to while away the highway miles.

Bike powered. Microphone/speaker in the helmet just a pigtail connector on the back. No problems at all.

Pam
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul

keysman
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#6 Unread post by keysman »

+1 for the Autocom Stuff. It's great and the new 2006 product line available now is even better.
New Hotness: 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
Old & Busted: 2003 BMW F650CS