V & H Straightshots

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

V & H Straightshots

#1 Unread post by basshole »

I just installed some V & H straighshots with Viper tips last night. Wow what a beautiful sound!!! Nice growl with some anger behind it too!!

Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#2 Unread post by VermilionX »

congrats!
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

stcrider07
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha Roadstar 1700

#3 Unread post by stcrider07 »

I'm looking at the V&H Longshots but was turned away from the website due to the fact that V&H doesn't guarentee against discoloration, any idea how long these pipes last before turning blue or how badly they discolor.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#4 Unread post by ZooTech »

They should be fine as long as they have full-length heat shields. If you're still concerned, Cobra now has a lifetime warranty on most of their lineup (including the PowerPro 2-into-1 I'm running) and Hard Krome guarantees against blueing.

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#5 Unread post by basshole »

No one is going to give you a "guarantee" against bluing. You WILL get a "warranty" against it for a period of time from most mfg's and those are the ones that use heat shields or double wall (which is why HK's are so expensive). To date I've got about 1000 miles since I put them on and I look under my heat shields to see if there is any discoloration and I see none so far. The pipes have now been "seasoned" and the tone has mellowed a bit. I'm glad I still have the baffles in so far but may try em without someday just to see how big a bark I get.
stcrider07 wrote:I'm looking at the V&H Longshots but was turned away from the website due to the fact that V&H doesn't guarentee against discoloration, any idea how long these pipes last before turning blue or how badly they discolor.

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#6 Unread post by basshole »

I take that back, HK will "guarantee" against bluing for 1 year and "warrant" against mfg defect for 90 days. But are you willing to pay an additional $250.00 for 1 years of "guarantee?" :?
basshole wrote:No one is going to give you a "guarantee" against bluing. You WILL get a "warranty" against it for a period of time from most mfg's and those are the ones that use heat shields or double wall (which is why HK's are so expensive). To date I've got about 1000 miles since I put them on and I look under my heat shields to see if there is any discoloration and I see none so far. The pipes have now been "seasoned" and the tone has mellowed a bit. I'm glad I still have the baffles in so far but may try em without someday just to see how big a bark I get.
stcrider07 wrote:I'm looking at the V&H Longshots but was turned away from the website due to the fact that V&H doesn't guarentee against discoloration, any idea how long these pipes last before turning blue or how badly they discolor.

stcrider07
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha Roadstar 1700

#7 Unread post by stcrider07 »

Thanks for the info basshole, I just ordered my first harley and want to make sure I put the right accessories on it, and no, I wouldn't pay $250 for 1 year when it comes to pipes.

superglide03
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by superglide03 »

Hello stcrider07

I have a little over 4000 miles on my straightshots with no color change so far.I have the 2 1/4 in. size and they make the 2 1/2 in. side that they claim will not discolor.For and extra 100. I mite add.Not worth it to me.Good luck with your new bike and your choice in pipes.

Larry
Larry

2003 Harley Superglide Anniversary,and 1940 Ford Coupe Street Rod

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#9 Unread post by ZooTech »

I have nearly 9,000 miles on my Cobras with no discoloration or failure of any kind.

Big B
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum

#10 Unread post by Big B »

ZooTech wrote:I have nearly 9,000 miles on my Cobras with no discoloration or failure of any kind.
close to 14000 on my cobras, still look brand new (if you don't crawl under the bike and see all the scratches :twisted: )
Come join the super cool fun fun brand new fresh scented Triumph Usergroup!
Fun for the whole Family!