Sidi On Road Sympatex

sharpmagna
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

Sidi On Road Sympatex

#1 Unread post by sharpmagna »

Here are the specs of the boot from Motonation:

A boot built for extreme weather conditions. Constructed of Italian top grain leather that is treated to be both water and oil repellent featuring a full coverage inner liner of 100% waterproof and breathable Sympatex the “On Road Sympatex” is the all weather, high mileage riders dream boot. Wear it all day in total comfort, on the bike or off. Four hook and loop closure straps, full length inner gaiter, thousand air closed cell memory foam padded shin area, a nylon innersole which has a removable arch support and a non-slip, low profile lug sole complete the package.

The boot is pretty tall and comes up to the middle of my calf. I've worn them on a few 90* days and they breathed pretty well and I've also taken them on day-long rides and they were very comfortable. The 4 velcro straps allow for a lot of adjustment. The inner layer of the sympatex lining is comfortable to the bare skin if you are not wearing long socks.

Be aware that when you get the boots, they will need to be broken in. The first day I received them I wore them around the house, but even then I was missing upshifts. The downshifts were not a problem for me, but angling the boot under the shifter was harder since the leather was still stiff. I've been using them for the last two weeks and I think they are sufficiently broken in now and no more missed up shifts. There is an extra layer of leather for the shifter too. Maybe the boot still needs to wear in more, but I seem to be hitting the shifter to just outside of the extra layer.

The sole is very "grippy" and seems to have good traction though I wish the blocks were deeper. I haven't touched down on wet pavement yet though so I can't comment on that or its waterproof abilities. Motorcyclecruiser.com did a comparison and this boot was able to withstand 24 hours in a tub of water without any moisture seeping in while most boots succumbed only after a few hours.

The boots are pretty pricey at $260 but I've read numerous reviews of people using them for 5+ years. I want to eventually do weekend rides so I wanted a boot that was comfortable, waterproof and withstand a lot of miles. I'll report back after some extended use.
1987 Honda <B>SUPER</B> Magna
[i]Bikesexual - I like to ride it long and hard...[/i]