Any opinions/reviews on best, loudest pipes?

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by basshole »

You mean kinda like your M-50 being a POS but yet you still ride it?
MotoF150 wrote: , its all in ur head
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

Bachstrad37
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by Bachstrad37 »

MotoF150 wrote:pipes never give you any power boost, its all in ur head just because its louder, I get sooooo sick and tired of telling everybody that
You're right if they're just replacing the pipes. You're wrong if you replace the pipes along with a rejet or remap of the ECM. You're definitely wrong if you expand the air intake.

Regarding Samson, they sound cheap to me. I looked at Samson pipes closely and the chrome was not smooth. On some bikes, they were peeling after only a couple of months of install. If you look on Ebay, Samson pipes are going waaaay below MSRP. I suspect bluing and flaking of its chrome is causing these to be cleared.

If you want loud, short drag pipes of any brand will deliver the noise. They look odd to me, but that's subjective.
2003 VN1500P Kawasaki Mean Streak
2009 Yamaha Nytro FX

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#13 Unread post by canuckerjay »

Bachstrad37 wrote:
MotoF150 wrote: If you want loud, short drag pipes of any brand will deliver the noise. They look odd to me, but that's subjective.
I used to always want long shots. But my bike came with the shorter pipes, and I've come to like those better -- I just like how it doesn't take away from the rest of the bike. Every time I see long pipes, my eyes are just drawn to them and I think they overpower the rest of the bike's design.

As you say, subjective.
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.

Phat_J
Veteran
Veteran

#14 Unread post by Phat_J »

I just put a set of Hard Krome staggered straights on my V-Star 1100. They sound awesome and they look beautiful. I definitely recommend them.

canuckerjay
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#15 Unread post by canuckerjay »

The one thing that annoys me aboot the HK's "pipe within a pipe" design is that as the pipe gets closer to the engine block, the outer pipe ends about 2 inches prematurely, exposing the inner pipe -- looks bloody ugly. But I think I'm the only one looking in such places.
Wherever you may roam
May you own your road.