Scorpion Helmets

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by mysta2 »

the advantage of FG over PC is weight right?

the 400s venting is different than the 700, has anyone tried the 400 vs the 700 as far as venting goes. I don't know jack about helmets, but I live in texas so i'd be willing to bet venting is kind of a big deal. Is the 700 worth the extra $60-$70. The guy I was talking to at my dealer (on the phone) said that there's not much of a weight difference... it's more the venting.

... how many times can I say venting in a paragraph :)

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by mysta2 »

nevermind, I got an Arai... strange that the anti fog seems to only be available on the cheaper helmets.

Mac
Veteran
Veteran

#13 Unread post by Mac »

Thanks for this post, you guys have helped me a lot. I have an Arai RX-7 that is getting up there in wear and tear, and was looking for a new helmet, but did not want to pay the 700.00 for another Arai. I have looked @ Scorpions website in the past but just figured because they were cheap they would suck compared to my Arai. But you guys changed my mind on that! Now I just have to find a good air brusher and give the helmet some character, as I dislike the designs they have currently. Can anyone recommend a good painter? I figure with the helmet and the paint job + shipping it will still be a few hundred cheaper then Arai. Rock on!
Mac

"Moderatio est figmentam!"

Mad Puppy
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by Mad Puppy »

Great post guys!
I found a some dealers here in Richmond and purchased my EXO 400 recently. I love the fit will give a review after some time testing it.

Love the price! $120 (that's after tax)

Fangarr
Rookie
Rookie

Motorcyclist Magazine Helmet Tests

#15 Unread post by Fangarr »

I too was interested in picking up one of these helmets after trying them on at the dealer, but decided to check out how they did in the recent Motorcyclist Magazine tests before buying:

http://motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/hatz/

The Scorpion 700 was the worst performer in the test as far as allowing Gs to reach your head upon impact.

The 400 did a little better though.

I understand these results are somewhat controversial, but just another piece of data to consider.

Fangarr

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#16 Unread post by basshole »

I bought the 700 last weekend and I love it!!! Very comfortable and a great fit. I'll be wearing this puppy alot!!!
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray

Itzamna
Legendary
Legendary

#17 Unread post by Itzamna »

My helmet, the AC-11 was the second worst, and it still saved my "O Ring". It is quite funny how the cheap helmets performed the best though. I have looked at the Scorpions as well, but the fit was no good for me. HJC's fit the best by far for my head. Perfect fit makes the safest helmet.
Brian

'03 Suzuki SV1000

psmorgan
Rookie
Rookie

#18 Unread post by psmorgan »

I can't figure out what the two little vent switches on each side up on the top do. Can anybody tell me?

Bogey
Rookie
Rookie

#19 Unread post by Bogey »

I've spent the last 3+ weeks researching helmets trying to decide...I thought I had it narrowed down to the Scorpien 700 (only diff I could see between it and the 400 was the material, not the venting, tried them both on?) Anyway, I bought the 700 but just could NOT get the thing to feel right on my fat head...they let me take it home and leave all the stickers on and just wear it in the house to make sure I was OK with the fit. I finally took it back, and bought a shoei. I hated to spend the extra bucks because the 700 looked like a nice bucket for the price, but the shoei fit great and was lighter; wow, was that thing QUIET on the bike!
Dare to be different

basshole
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#20 Unread post by basshole »

Too bad! My EXO-700 Rocks!!! They also are coming out with a 3/4 helmet too!
Beer. Helping ugly people get laid since 1853
2006 Suzuki C50 Silver/Gray