Icon field armor leg protection vs AlpineStars Bionic Knee

sam_j
Rookie
Rookie

Icon field armor leg protection vs AlpineStars Bionic Knee

#1 Unread post by sam_j »

Any thoughts on it? My idea was to get a pair to wear under a regular set of jeans...has anyone tried them?
Thanks!

SuperRookie
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2004 Ducati 620ie

#2 Unread post by SuperRookie »

Haven't tried them but intend to get leg armor. Better to combine the leg armor with some kevlar reinforced riding jeans though....You wouldn't want to be literally "a$$ out" in a get-off, eh?
"Not just your 'ordinary' Rookie..."

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Sev »

SuperRookie wrote:Haven't tried them but intend to get leg armor. Better to combine the leg armor with some kevlar reinforced riding jeans though....You wouldn't want to be literally "a$$ out" in a get-off, eh?
Hahahaha

hahaha

haha

ha
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

smakawhat
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by smakawhat »

I have the Icon leg armor and they are great, I wear them under my riding pants and don't even notice they are there when riding.

Random Seed
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by Random Seed »

I know this thread is an oldie, but I take it these knee pads are not too warm then? I'd like to have some sort of armor on all my joints when I start to ride, so it would be nice to know these are fairly breathable so when the time comes I could feel safe just ordering them online.
Random Seed

Zagnut
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by Zagnut »

I wear them in Texas in the summer. I sweat a bit under them but they're not bad at all. The underside is fabric and they have fabric "wings" that wrap around your leg for the three straps to go over. The top strap is a bit short. If you have big calves, you might have trouble getting them around to latch the velcro. I like mine.

IcyHound
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#7 Unread post by IcyHound »

We got the A* bionic knee. They are quite comfortable and fit both of our legs well.