Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: None

UK’er considering a return to two wheels

#1 Unread post by Whaleblue »

Hi,

My biking history is that I passed my A test in 1996, and had a 600 Bandit for a year or so. I loved it, but with a young family I didn’t have the time to enjoy it beyond a busy local commute, so I gave it up.

Now approaching 60 I’m considering the possibility of getting back to bikes, but there are some steps along the way...

I’m planning to do a refresher course. I’m also wondering whether aiming to get IAM qualified is a good route to take?

In the meanwhile I’d also like to lose a little weight, as at the moment I don’t want to be buying expensive clothing in my current (over)size!

Finally there’s the choice of bike. BMWs appeal.

Anyway, I’m sure the above is best taken to specific threads, so for now I’ll just say:

Hello!

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Re: UK’er considering a return to two wheels

#2 Unread post by pchast »

Hello and welcome!

A refresher course is a good idea.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

adamgillll
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: Honda

#3 Unread post by adamgillll »

Hello everyone, i am a fond of riding motoe cycles and i had taken the safety sports kit form (Spam link removed) and that was very owsem, and i hope that i will be driving safely with all that

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

adamgillll wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:43 pm Hello everyone, i am a fond of riding motoe cycles and i had taken the safety sports kit form (Spam link removed) and that was very owsem, and i hope that i will be driving safely with all that
Sorry, I had to leave this post as a "Joke of the Day". Account as been removed but had to share.

What an "owsem" post!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.